Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 00001CO4
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Sourcing Specialist. The position will be based in Irwindale, CA or Juarez, CA or Juarez, MX.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager II, the Sourcing Specialist will support sourcing of components and supplier relationship management for Biosense Webster. He/She will assist customers with material and process selection for purchases, locating and selecting suppliers for purchases per category strategies, negotiate prices, develop and administer contracts for strategic suppliers, develop strategic suppliers, develop and improve large spend category strategies and major business processes such as business continuity and supplier selection to deliver annual improvements in total cost, quality and service, and support sites as needed.
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes.
- Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Seek to improve capabilities of the supplier base or key business processes.
- Report performance data for assigned categories or key business processes.
- Communicate, monitor, and aggressively manage compliance with the sourcing strategy or business process.
- Establish close working relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, operations, marketing, quality) to ensure full understanding and support of strategic sourcing perspective to key processes.
- Track and manage performance of suppliers and ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed.
- Identify sources of data for performance metrics, create a process to collect data, and champion the collection efforts.
- Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier / teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy (e.g. lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, etc.).
- Contribute to the continuous development of sourcing knowledge base and best practice by identifying and implementing sourcing “pockets of excellence”.
- Partner with key stakeholders and partners to address technical issues for components and processes
- Ensure training on and compliance with relevant company procedures. Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing or business-related experience is required
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification preferred
- Prior purchasing/materials/supply chain experience is desirable
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in procurement is required
- Effective Knowledge of:
- Sourcing procedures, Purchasing Controls & Supplier Selection Processes
- Supplier manufacturing processes
- Production systems & logistics
- Database management
- Quality Systems
- Negotiation & Contract law
- Statistical methods
- Project Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required
- Creative & decisive problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Sound reasoning
- Strong Credo values
- Travel is required about 20% of the time
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)