Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst, Payroll Time (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 00001CO3
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Analyst, Payroll Time, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The Analyst, Payroll Time will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll time processing while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. This role will assist with the development and delivery of payroll training, site time administrator activities and assist the supervisor/manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Coordinators. This role is required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignment and will ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
• The Analyst will perform payroll transactions such as data entry, mass uploads, quota balance maintenance, time system inquiries, and payroll processing jobs as they relate to Time (e.g., time reconciliations, variance analysis, error handling, etc).
• Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
• Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to time entries and time evaluation (both within the payroll environment as well as the operating company time systems).
• Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
• Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Operations procedures.
• Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
• Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
• Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related requests and issues with an enhanced understanding of the Kronos time systems.
• Review, analyze and update time data and calculate retroactive time data as required.
• Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the supervisor/manager.
• Document and review payroll operations procedures. Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
• Collaborate with Time Coordinators for day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements.
• Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
• Support global time initiatives and projects.
• The Analyst will assure understanding of time systems and broader Payroll strategies.
• Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
• Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll processing.
• Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
• Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
• The Analyst will communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes.
• Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
• Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
• Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience.
• Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department.
• Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
• Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
• Mentor and guide Payroll Coordinators.
• Provide or share time system knowledge across the organization.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- A Master’s degree is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Payroll is required
- Payroll time and attendance experience preferred
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements preferred
- Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel is required (pivot tables, v- look up functions)
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers preferred
- Experience with Kronos or SAP Time Tracking module preferred
- Experience with an ERP system such as Payroll, HR, OM modules of SAP preferred
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines is required
- Experience working on payroll projects is preferred
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters required
- Up to 5% travel is required
- This position is based in Tampa, FL
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)