Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Market Access IDV
Requisition ID: 00001CMW
The Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (IDV) Therapeutic Area within the Janssen Global Commercial Strategy Organization develops and introduces innovative transformational products that address medical needs in the area of infectious diseases. Globally 1 billion people are waiting for solutions that treat, prevent or cure an infectious disease. We are looking for a Director, Global Market Access in the Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (IDV) Therapeutic Area who will join us in combatting infectious diseases worldwide.
- Be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the payer value generation and access strategies for vaccines/pharmaceutical products in early development to commercialization.
- Serve as the leading resource on access strategies and is an active member of the global clinical development and commercial teams, as well as the extended disease area strategy groups.
- Be responsible for integrating pricing, payer research, health economic, patient reported outcomes and real world evidence information to develop the optimal value strategy.
- Collaborate with Global and Regional Market Access/Health Economics / Outcomes Research and Medical Affairs teams to develop real world evidence in support of their access programs.
- Develop an integrated access strategy for pre-launch assets product offering that reflects macro (health care reform, quality metrics, technology assessment) and disease specific (clinical profile, market segmentation, disease staging and clinical pathway) factors.
- Be responsible for ensuring that clinical development programs fully capture the value of innovative products to payers, physicians and patients. This includes strategic advice to teams on patient populations, trial design, selection of relevant endpoints as well as ensuring quality implementation of study protocols, case report forms, monitoring protocols, statistical analyses plans, etc.
- Be responsible for the design and management of health outcomes studies including: systematic literature reviews, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient studies, transmission models and user-friendly cost effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Facilitate regular awareness updates in IDV commercial and Research and Development teams on key global access trends and opportunities to shape their evolution from an IDV perspective.
Preferably have a Ph.D., Pharm.D, MD, or M.Sc. in appropriate field (preferably Epidemiology, Health Economics, Public Health, Health Policy).
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry (global, regional or operating company level) with a focus in Epidemiology, Health Economics, Payer Access is required and a strong business acumen.
The candidate should have a good understanding and/or experience of the reimbursement environment for key international markets including emerging markets.
Experience in multiple therapy areas, including IDV treatments and vaccines are strongly preferred.
Deep understanding of Health Economics, meta-analyses, retrospective and prospective data generation activities, clinical trial methodologies, relative effectiveness and all other ingredients of an optimal value proposition and professional HTA or price & reimbursement submissions.
Demonstrated leadership ability to successfully work across functional and geographic boundaries, preferably across multiple countries/market types/access models
Deep appreciation of science and ability to translate scientific information into strategy is required.
An ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, lead teams, gain alignment and drive decision making is required.
Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must with a strong track record of producing results in a matrix-based environment
Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically
This position is based in Beerse, Belgium or Raritan, NJ, US and may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Health Economics R&D