Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA Digital Surgery Market Development Manager (Switzerland, UK, France, Italy or Germany based)
Requisition ID: 00001CKV
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Digital Surgery Market Development Manager to join our global market development team based in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices currently has $20 billion in worldwide sales, and the business is expected to experience solid growth over the next five to seven years. Our Medical Devices business segment produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurological disease, vision care, diabetes care, infection prevention, diagnostics, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics.
Ethicon, as part of the Medical Devices business segment, is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our priorities. Our relentless commitment to quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continue to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
The EMEA Digital Surgery Market Development Manager will be responsible for executing the market development strategy and efforts around Digital Surgery. This new role requires a forward-thinking approach to relevant customer segments and targets that are determined by the Global Strategic Marketing team, creating and maintaining lasting customer relationships, identifying unmet needs, and implementing partnership opportunities for new technology services and global market development strategic efforts through the creation of a roadmap for establishing customer readiness and ensuring their success. In addition to the development of the roadmap, the responsibilities of this role will include identifying technical challenges, devising solutions, ongoing project management, and consulting on continuing updates and refinements. The EMEA Digital Surgery Market Development Manager will work independently yet closely with regional units to understand and communicate market conditions and customer requirements, establish partnerships to leverage data analytics, and vet new business models and market access strategies to create value for surgeons and hospitals. This role requires the ability to succeed in a highly ambiguous, frequently changing environment.
The individual in this role will be a part of the Global Digital Surgery Market Development Team, positioning Ethicon as the world leader in Digital Surgery and preparing the market for the future launch of the Verb Surgical platform. This position requires ongoing collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including joint efforts with business partners such as those in Customer Engagement, Research & Development, Health Economics / Market Access, and Regional and Global Strategic Marketing.
The EMEA Digital Surgery Market Development Manager will collaborate with the Centers of Excellence (CoE) and Global Strategic Marketing team to position Digital Surgery as truly transformative in the minds of customers, ensure the platform is part of customers’ strategic roadmaps, and prepare the market for the Digital Surgery revolution.
- Act as the account coordinator for various project development and implementation activities, working side-by-side with internal partners and customers to further define elements of Digital Surgery to maximize value of the approach or platform.
- Provide oversight and management of customer engagement consisting of clinicians and hospital administrators to drive enrollment of Digital Surgery integration and definition of market access business model requirements.
- Meet and collaborate with Regional Units (RU) and potential customers to understand, make recommendations on, and execute against needs related to the full surgical episode (i.e. before, during, and after surgery) and digitalization and connectivity of relevant data.
- Map key stakeholders and need states and execute against account change management plans required to implement platform solution.
- Identify and develop foundation of clinical and non-clinical stakeholder users for our data analytics solutions via pilot program.
- Build competencies to uncover actionable clinical and economic unmet needs and facilitate best practice sharing across accounts and cross functional team, with integration into development workstream efforts.
- Connect customers with market development and strategic marketing to create advocacy and support to establish strong customer relationships.
- Increase overall awareness among all stakeholders of the Digital Surgery.
- Identity customer strategic projects, align objectives and provide recommendations to facilitate faster penetration and higher utilization of the Verb Surgical Platform when it is fully approved and launched.
- Develop and update action plans, manage project process, and conduct follow-ups as needed to ensure hospital partners are on track with all tasks and market readiness efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; an MBA or related master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrable business and marketing experienced in required alongside market development and solution development. Previous industry experience with medical devices, healthcare software, electronic medical records, software-enabled medical devices, or IT is preferred.
- Previous experience with consulting and project management.
- Ability to perform well in an ambiguous and fast-changing market.
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical, presentation, negotiation, and organization skills.
- Approximately 50% travel (both domestic and international) is required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional customer focus and relationship building skills; experience in developing effective relationships across a diverse group of clinical and nonclinical stakeholders across all levels of hospital organizations.
- Ability to shape the external environment through trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational leadership, with the ability to inspire and mobilize teams across different countries / cultures, in a matrix environment.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, and international teams.
Cilag GmbH International (8525)
Marketing & Sales