Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior IT Manager, Data Network Architect
Requisition ID: 00001CKR
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior IT Manager, Data Network Architect. This position’s primary locations are Raritan, NJ or Beerse, Belgium; with consideration of the United Kingdom and throughout North America. This position may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior IT Manager, Data Network Architect is responsible for conversion of business requirements into technical network designs and implementation scripts aligned to J&J’s enterprise strategies and standards. The candidate is responsible for supporting the development and deployment of network designs with adherence to J&J’s technical and solution standards.
The successful candidate will have broad experience within WAN, LAN and Network Security technologies, including a solid background in programming with open source solutions and languages such as Ansible, Python, and PERL; and detailed knowledge of database and operating systems.
The candidate must be able to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into a supportable business case and executable technology solutions. In this role, the candidate will be a critical part of owning, automating & delivering network capacity to the organization. The ideal candidate will be experienced in large scale data center builds with a strong motivation for automation.
• Design and implement software frameworks and tools to facilitate configuration and management of our production networks.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, including presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management, and peer engineers.
• Lead Unit and Integration Testing.
• Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant with those standards and policies.
• Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Master’s degree is preferred.
• Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering is preferred.
• 8 years of experience managing enterprise wide area network infrastructure technology is required.
• 5 years of direct experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production infrastructure is required.
• 3 years of tooling and automation development supporting zero touch and power-on auto provisioning is preferred.
• Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ruby, Python or GO is preferred.
• Knowledge of revision control software (ex. Perforce, SVN, Git, etc.) and development lifecycle is preferred.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, etc.), IP addressing and application protocols (HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) is required.
• Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source technology is required.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience with Wide Area Network infrastructure components including circuits, Internet, routing, backbone, cloud based network designs, load balancing is required.
• Knowledge and/or Certification on products from Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Bluecoat, Riverbed, F5 and Palo Alto Networks is required.
• Knowledge of Linux or UNIX environments with a good understanding of networking concepts is preferred.
• Experience working on IP networking technologies and extensive experience in the application of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) is required.
• This position may be located in Raritan, NJ or Beerse, Belgium; with consideration of the United Kingdom and throughout North America, and may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)