Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
JANSSEN REAL WORLD ANALYTICS AND ALLIANCES SUMMER INTERN – Titusville, NJ
Requisition ID: 00001CHY
Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Summer Interns to work in the Real World Analytics and Alliances (RWAA) Department located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is committed to transforming patient and population health through scientific evidence across the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The RWAA Department is focused on meeting the needs of our value-driven healthcare system by using high-quality research activities to assess the value of Janssen’s products and services through real world evidence generation and external partnering. This team of tenured researchers is responsible for building industry-leading RWE capabilities and partnerships across the organization working closely with colleagues in Medical Affairs, Real World Value and Evidence, other evidence-generating functions and external thought leaders. The RWAA team is focused on the generation of real world evidence utilizing novel methodologies and innovative study designs to better understand the effectiveness of medicines, including randomized pragmatic trials (RPTs), prospective electronic health records (EHR)-based studies and patient-centric approaches to research. The RWAA Summer intern will focus on data science, analytics, mHealth, and related technological innovation within the RWE space. In addition, the intern will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand the pharmaceutical industry
- Collaborate with medical affairs and outcomes research teams to support evidence generation planning and execution activities
- Recognize the value and role of real world evidence generation in modern healthcare
- Demonstrate competence in review, analysis, and presentation of scientific, technical, and market-developed literature and information
- Develop analytic and scientific writing skills
- Verbally communicate scientific and outcomes research information
- Prepare and conduct presentations
- Appreciate the benefits and importance of emerging technologies and innovation in research
- Support the development of processes associated with innovative approaches to addressing research questions.
- Participate in other RWAA-related research projects
Expected hours Position involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour workweek) in Titusville, NJ.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a graduate degree in the life sciences, life-sciences focused data sciences/analytics, biomedical engineering, or a medical/pharmacy degree.
- Exceptional written/communication skills and a strong interest in emerging technology, data science together with applied and qualitative research are required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program or medical school.
- Available for at least 10 weeks over the 2018 summer.
- Demonstrates computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Position will be based in Titusville, NJ and involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour workweek).
- Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location.
- There will be no reimbursement for interview-related expenses.
- Majors Targeted: Graduate students in the life sciences, life-sciences focused data sciences/analytics, and biomedical engineering. Medical/Pharmacy Students.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)