Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Director, Business Technology Leader (BTL), Global Medical Organization
Raritan, New Jersey; Horsham, Pennsylvania; High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 00001CG6
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for IT Director, Business Technology Leader (BTL), Global Medical Safety, with primary located being Raritan, NJ, but alternative locations of Horsham, PA or High Wycombe, UK. There will also be a potential of 10-20% domestic travel required, and occasional international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The IT Director, BTL Global Medical Organization (GMO) will be responsible for combining consulting, modern Information Technology (IT) expertise, and pharmacovigilance knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in Global Medical Organization. This role is accountable for transformational technology initiatives that maintain compliant operations as well as modernize workflow and pharmacovigilance capabilities. As a strategic partner to the GMO leaders, the IT Director BTL will influence future technology evolution. In addition to ensuring continuous improvement advances, s/he will build internal and external partnerships for technology evolution, accounting for potential format, volume and regulatory changes arising with digital health, data sciences, and genomic influences in the healthcare ecosystem. This role is the accountable strategic R&D partner who maintains the relationship through ongoing consultation with the business, and s/he also leads the full outcome of the technology services provided to these business partners. This role will lead Transformational Technologies implementation to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams, helping Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in assessing advanced technologies and automation to help lead drugs benefit risk profile. The role will device business-technology strategies to incorporate Automation, Big Data, Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, and Artificial Intelligence to accelerate achievement of GMO objectives.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- “Technology strategist” who spans multiple technology solutions. Evaluate key technology trends and its impact on various business processes. Identify opportunities for areas where technology provides competitive differentiation. Investigate, identify and prototype emerging technologies.
- Define technology strategy & roadmap for business partners. Manage business expectations and keep business aligned to business requirements. Understand competition and how they use technology. Drive platform technology direction including global strategy, planning, implementing and maintaining best practices for various technologies.
- Define priorities for business and associated technology investments. Actively participate in steering major strategic IT programs to drive successful implementation and business value realization. Accountable for all aspects of delivery. Accountable for operational IT expense. Manages portfolio of investments
- Understands core internal IT products and ability to drive business value. Drives business partners towards standard solutions. Coordinates with other Business Units BTLs. Direct collaboration with customers to enable and support strategic programs.
- Provide input to Product Line Owners (PLO) for future requirements, especially key business capabilities, and the associated value to the Product Line – as an input to shape the product strategy.
- Identify process “pain points” and early improvement opportunities. Build business case for improvement initiatives (e.g., impact, feasibility, and investment required). Create implementation plans for improvement initiatives including timeline, owner, and key milestones
- Leads internal and external collaborations. Build strong relationships with vendors. Ensure effective communication between teams, internal/external customers, vendors and partners.
- Engage vendors perform third party product evaluations and recommendations for solving unmet business needs.
- Pharma Industry and domain expertise, technical knowledge of platforms and software technology, knowledge of business process and business strategy, experience working across multiple levels of an organization, leadership skills, creating context around key business drivers and strategic plan.
- Deep knowledge in implementing cutting edge technologies and prior leadership in information and technology support in this domain.
- A strategic thinker with good technical knowledge and excellent communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision making with business leader
- A business strategist, pragmatic as needed but capable of innovative thinking relative to new and emerging technologies and analytics, and capable of applying innovative capabilities where appropriate
- An IT pragmatist, who knows when to leverage corporate infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for innovation from technology
- A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for excellence and global expansion
- An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
- Strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact on the J&J system portfolio
- Strong understanding of the business and its operating environment (e.g., trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, and/or other quantitative field required. Master's degree preferred, in Information Technology, and/or other quantitative field. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of Information Technology application development work experience (related) and leading matrix teams in large enterprises required.
- Knowledge of the medicinal product business and prior leadership in information and technology support in this domain.
- Knowledge of global pharmacovigilance regulations, computer systems validation requirements, current industry pharmacovigilance technology landscape, including knowledge of vendors, systems and what is new & upcoming in this space and all necessary compliance requirements for workflow, reporting, and information custody for medicinal products companies.
- Solid understanding and experience with of Advanced technologies (Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Big Data, Augmented Reality etc.) required.
- Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others with little supervision required. Proven ability to influence others required.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills required. Good planning, organizational and decision-making skills required.
- Consistent track record of technology leadership, experience in planning and managing large and complex projects.
- Must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management (VP & above).
- A track record in program/project delivery to deliver project results is also required.
- Strongly influences the future direction of business solutions based on technology vision. Brings external benchmarks and inputs into decision making to keep the solution current/leading edge, thus contributing to the competitive value of J&J.
- The ability to operate effectively with partner I/T organizations as well as with third-party I/T vendors is required.
- Proven ability leading matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required. The ability to influence without direct authority is required.
- Skilled in building strong cross-functional partnerships is required. Experience with leading multi-company teams and global efforts are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their technology implications is required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective is required. Demonstrated ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms is required.
- Demonstrated understanding and management of financial processes and results related to projects, departmental budgets, and enterprise is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- A thorough understanding of: 1. methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2. all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3. validation and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is preferred.
- 10-20% domestic and international travel required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)