Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Therapeutic Area Head of Data Management, Immunology
Requisition ID: 00001CG5
Janssen Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Therapeutic Area Head of Data Management for Immunology. This position can be based out of Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Spring House, PA; or Beerse, BE.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Data Management TA Head within the Integrated Data Analytics and Reporting (IDAR) group is responsible for providing input to Data Management strategy and deliverables for a therapeutic area, aligned to the overall IDAR and GCDO/RDO strategies. This position is also responsible to collaborate with the peers, DM Head, TA Standards Lead and IDAR TALs to provide input on process optimization and innovation within the therapeutic area assigned, ensuring alignment across IDAR.
- This position supervises Data Management Leads and GDMs supporting the TA.
- This position is accountable to own one or more DM processes impacting all TAs.
- This position is accountable for recruiting, resource planning, management and development of all employees within their organization to meet current and future business needs. Coaching and mentoring others as needed.
Provides input to Data Management strategy and deliverables, process optimization and innovation across compounds and projects within the therapeutic area assigned.
- As part of the Data Management leadership team, contributes to decisions on business strategy, processes, outsourcing and resource allocations across sites. Provides strategic input into the evaluation and reassessment of departmental processes.
- Identifies process optimization and innovation within therapeutic area assigned and ensures alignment of processes and procedures across Data Management.
- Provides input to IDAR TALs on study prioritization and resource allocation to ensure programs within therapeutic area assigned are supported. Provides input and approval on resource demand for therapeutic area as part of budget planning in conjunction Data Management peers and Head.
- Makes recommendations around process/policy deviations to adhere or adjust to local or project requirements.
Provides leadership to the Data Management team by attracting and retaining top talent, developing team members, and ensuring organizational effectiveness, transparency, and communication.
- Charged with making decisions associated with the management of assigned personnel and local administration, including hiring, performance management, space allocation, supplies, budget, travel, etc.
- Undertakes people development responsibilities through coaching, training, and performance management as well as ensure compliance with department SOP’s, policies and regulatory guidance documents.
- Accountable for the decisions made by the Data Management Leads and Global Data Managers from a performance perspective.
- Coordinates with other DM Therapeutics Heads and other colleagues to ensure alignment of departmental roles and responsibilities.
Accountable to provide input into
the development of departmental policies, procedures, training and
- Policy and standards development and compliance as it relates to the therapeutic area assigned.
- Participates in and/or lead global cross-functional and cross-company initiatives, as applicable.
- Own one or more department procedures, ensuring the processes are up to date and efficient.
- Lead process improvement projects, as needed, to continue building best in class Data Management organization.
This position reports to Data Management Head (DM). There are regular interactions with the DD Head, IDAR Head and senior leadership to identify and share input for strategies and approaches. Work is received in broad terms and this position is provided independence for execution. This position supervises Data Management Leads and Global Data Managers.
- Participates in IDAR and GCDO initiatives as assigned.
- Regularly meets with direct reports to ensure consistency and appropriate progress towards project goals.
- Collaborates and partners with cross-functional leadership to drive issue escalation and issue resolution, and champion best practices.
- Collaborates with vendor to optimize sourcing decisions
- A minimum of a BS is required (MS or PhD preferred), plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership function in clinical data management, with expert knowledge, is required
- A minimum of 5 years of excellent people leadership skills and people management experience is preferred
- Experience working in Data Management within Immunology is strongly preferred
- Extensive understanding of data management and general knowledge of clinical operations is required
- A knowledge of regulatory guidance documents such as ICH requirements, inter-departmental processes, and relevant Clinical R&D concepts is required
- In-depth knowledge of project management and/or team leadership practices is required
- Existing knowledge related to talent development and relevant personnel policies and procedures is preferred
- Knowledge of cross-functional working environments and industry trends that influence departmental resources is required
- Knowledge of sourcing strategies, resource management, and organizational impact is required
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management