Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Clinical Functional Planning, Research & Development Operations
Requisition ID: 00001CFV
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Clinical Functional Planning within Research & Development Operations. This position will reside in Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Spring House, PA; or Beerse BE and requires up to 10% international and domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Head of Clinical Functional Planning will lead a group of Functional Planners in the utilization of a Janssen R&D planning system to maximize the efficiency, predictability and capacity utilization for the Clinical organization. He or she will report to the Vice President, Research & Development Operations (RDO) Planning Strategy, and will closely liaison with the Global Clinical Development Organization (GCDO), Quality Services (QS), Finance SLT (Senior Leadership Team), GCDO/Functional LT’s (Leadership Teams), PMO (Program Management Organization) and Finance in the reporting of portfolio information required to run the GCDO/QS business.
- Lead a team of Functional Planners who support the functional/departmental areas as single points of contacts in support of clinical functional planning, resource/cost forecast.
- As a part of the RDO OPS Leadership Team, will work very closely with the OPS leadership team and drive cohesive alignment for Clinical Functional Planning.
- Accountable for staffing and leading the development of R&D Operations clinical trial/non-trial functional planning, functional forecasting and costings, trial specific finance, non-trial and other detailed operational activities in support of Clinical Operations.
- In collaboration with the R&D Operations and Therapeutic Area functions promote the development of institutional knowledge and best practices for budget development, management and reporting.
- Collaborate with the head of Metrics/Analytics/Reporting in supporting the needs of the clinical areas for delivering micro visuals/reports/UCT for servicing our business partners.
- Ensure that Planning, resource forecasting and finance project support is achieved, including cost analysis, final study budget is completed. Ensure development of innovative, efficient and fit for purpose budget development and management processes.
- Clinical process owner for portfolio functional planning, accountable for delivering accurate and timely information including functional scenario analyses as requested to the Clinical SLT and Functional Leaders to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for continuous improvement, change management and making a complex process simple for all users.
- Work in close collaboration, with the Planning, Forecasting Team drive continuous forecasting as part of the business planning process.
The Director and his/her directors will use the following software systems: PLW/V6, User Community Tool, SAP, and Tableau, project planning templates with resource/oops algorithms for specific Janssen R&D TA (Therapeutic Area) projects.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or University equivalent. An advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years operations experience with a pharmaceutical, biotech and/or a CRO is required
- 5 years of functional management with a demonstrated experience in managing and mentoring cross functional global teams is required
- Expertise in the areas of drug development, operations, and strategic planning is preferred
- In depth knowledge related to global clinical operations and a good understanding of the therapeutic areas is required
- Strong understanding and experience with information systems (e.g., Planisware, SAP/SEM, CTMS, Ariba) and financial aspects of clinical operations is preferred
- Proven track record of problem solving and analytical skills, including influencing leaders and internal stakeholders is required
- Strong knowledge of project management is required
- This position will reside in either Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ or Beerse, BE and will require up to 20% international and domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Trial Coordination