Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Project Lead
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 00001CFD
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Project Lead to be located in Bridgewater, NJ, but can be located in EMEA, LATAM, APAC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project lead will have responsibility for leading small to medium sized deployments of systems within the ERP, Deliver, Plan or Source functional areas:
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
• Lead system deployment in alignment with the CAR and manage the Scope, schedule, quality & budget of the deployments. Working with the Business & IT lead, form the key leadership responsible for the successful deployment.
• Support the Stage Gate deployment operating model for specific deployment programs/projects
• Ensure effective and timely communications with respect to system deployment both within SCSS and with key customers and partners
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Lead Small to Medium sized system deployments within the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source functional areas
• Work with an environmental scanning capability and external network that will seek to identify contractor resources for system deployments
• Work with a best practice and lessons learned framework which seeks to share best practice and lessons learned across deployments.
2. Actively participate in IRM pre-deployment go live activities a. Liaise with the Business Lead in the development of the Business Case and CAR where appropriate.
• Actively participate in the pre-project go live Governance process to ensure that the needs and requirements for system deployment are incorporated and planned in a timely manner
• Once the CAR has been approved, support the development and implement ramp up plans for the systems deployment and ensure all resources are secured and in place as per the agreed timelines
3. Support the rollout of a robust Stage Gate Deployment operating model
• In partnership with the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source Functional CoE’s and the Strategic Programs Lead, operate an agile yet robust stage gate deployment process which is aligned with the IRM Framework
• Work closely with the Portfolio Management Performance & Metrics lead to develop training materials in support of the Stage Gate Deployment Model and ensure the Functional CoE SMEs are fully trained on and aligned to the model
• Ensure the deployment of a lean and agile Governance model (including escalation process) which consistently facilitates the project deliver as per timelines
• Derive insights from the external benchmarking process to continuously refine the stage gate operating model in the pursuit of delivery excellence
4. Support the contractor managed and stage gate program of system deployments as per the Business Case and CAR
• Ensure adherence to Project Management and PMO principles in the delivery of the project using the Scaled Agile framework
• Enable the Project Governance process to ensure decisions are made in a timely manner and that all risks and issues are escalated effectively and dealt with in a controlled and compliant manner
• Align with the SCSS Communications Framework in the communication of project delivery updates within SCSS and with key partners/customers
• Ensure all project documentation aligns with the SCSS Documentation Management requirements in alignment with GxP, SOX.
• Where appropriate seek to promote best practice and continuous improvement principles across Functional system deployments
• Work to ensure that project delivery aligns with the IRM Framework and work closely with the Strategic Programs Lead in the identification of IRM Framework continuous improvement opportunities
• Participate in the sharing of best practice across the systems delivery team to consistently strive for step change improvements on delivery performance
• Work closely with the Portfolio and Program Management and Metrics Lead in the development and communication of project performance metrics
5. For stage gate deployments, ensure the Functional CoE’s deploy systems in alignment with the principles of the IRM framework
• Support the Stage Gate Governance process ensuring timely and seamless decision making which will facilitate timely system deployments
• Ensure all risks and issues relevant to the stage gate are escalated in a timely manner and are resolved in a compliant and controlled manner
• Liaise with the Functional CoE’s as appropriate to develop a Lesson Learned Framework for stage gate deployments which seeks to consistently embed best practice in the pursuit of deployment excellence
6. Support working relationships with the Functional CoE’s in the delivery of the of system deployments
• Liaise with the Functional CoE’s as appropriate, throughout the project lifecycle with a particular focus on: project delivery; risk and issue escalation; and project governance
• Continuously seek to embed best practice in the Functional CoE engagement which will enable robust and agile touchpoints throughout the deployment lifecycle
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required with a preferred area of study in IT, Engineering, or Project Management. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience is required.
• Some experience of delivering small to medium scale complex system deployments is required.
• Functional knowledge of/and experience in systems within Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals or other healthcare regulated sectors.
• Knowledge of GxP and Sox requirements and regulations is required.
• Previous experience in working within a support organization with a knowledge of functional and matrix structures.
• Strong and proven project management experience is required.
• Strong communication skills and change management.
• Managing risk, including escalation, prioritization and resolution of systems and support issues and developing and managing responses.
• Building consensus and impacting outcome with authority and ability to negotiate trade off decisions across the organization.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills to partner effectively at all levels and across multiple groups is required.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Up to 50% of travel both domestic and international is required.
• Six Sigma/LEAN certification preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of ERP systems is preferred.
• Experience in managing multiple diverse stakeholder groups.
• Business acumen and/ or financial background.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)