Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Project Director to be located in Bridgewater, NJ, but can be located in EMEA, LATAM, APAC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project Director will have responsibility for providing oversight and ensuring consistency to contractor managed system deployments and the Stage Gate deployment model within the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source functional areas. As needed, or in case the book of work is flexing down, then independently manage medium to large size deployments.
The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
• Delivery of the system deployment in alignment with the CAR and with the IRM Framework
• Oversight/Management to ensure consistency & effectiveness in the delivery of the system deployments
• Ensure effective and timely communications with respect to system deployment both within SCSS and with key customers and partners
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide oversight to Contractor Management Framework to deliver contractor managed system deployments within the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source functional areas
• Build and implement an environmental scanning capability and external network that will seek to identify contractor resources for contractor managed system deployments
• Work closely with the External Partnerships and Governance Lead to develop a contractor performance management framework which will seek to monitor, report on and take corrective action on contractor performance during system deployments
• Develop a best practice and lessons learned framework which seeks to share best practice and lessons learned across the contractor management landscape.
2. Actively participate in pre deployment go live activities (Contractor Managed and Stage Gate deployments) – in some cases provide support to the assigned contractor
• As needed when independently running a medium to large scale deployment ensure adherence to Project Management and PMO principles in the delivery of the project. Working closely with the Business Lead & IT Lead, be responsible as the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for Scope, Schedule, Quality & Budget for the deployment.
• Provide Leadership/Oversight to the development of the Business Case and CAR where appropriate.
• Actively participate in the pre- project go live Governance process to ensure that the needs and requirements for system deployment are incorporated and planned in a timely manner
• Once the CAR has been approved, provide oversight to the development and implementation of ramp up plans for the systems deployment and ensure all resources are secured and in place as per the agreed timelines
3. Develop and rollout a robust Stage Gate Deployment operating model
• In partnership with the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source Functional CoE’s and the Strategic Programs Lead, develop an agile yet robust stage gate deployment process which is aligned with the Scaled Agile Framework & Integrated roadmap
• Work closely with the ERM & Project Lead to develop training materials in support of the Stage Gate Deployment Model and ensure the Functional CoE SMEs are fully trained on and aligned to the model
• Ensure the development of a lean and agile Governance model (including escalation process) which consistently facilitates the project deliver as per timelines
• Leverage external benchmarking to continuously refine the stage gate operating model in the pursuit of delivery excellence
4. Provide oversight to contractor managed and stage gate portfolio of system deployments as per the Business Case and CAR
• Provide oversight to ensure that all contractor managed and stage gate deployment programs as per the business case and CAR
• Ensure adherence to Project Management and PMO principles in the delivery of the project
• Lead the Project Governance process to ensure decisions are made in a timely manner and that all risks and issues are escalated effectively and dealt with in a controlled and compliant manner
• Align with the SCSS Communications Framework in the communication of project delivery updates within SCSS and with key partners/customers
• Ensure all project documentation aligns with the SCSS Documentation Management requirements
• Where appropriate seek to promote best practice and continuous improvement principles across Functional system deployments
• Ensure that project delivery aligns with the IRM Framework and work closely with the Strategic Programs Lead in the identification of IRM Framework continuous improvement opportunities
• Actively participate in the sharing of best practice across the systems delivery team to consistently strive for step change improvements on delivery performance
• Work closely with the Portfolio and Program Management and Metrics Lead in the development and communication of project performance metrics
5. For stage gate deployments, ensure the Functional CoE’s deploy systems in alignment with the principles of the Scaled Agile framework
• Lead the Stage Gate Governance process ensuring timely and seamless decision making which will facilitate timely system deployments
• Ensure all risks and issues relevant to the stage gate are escalated in a timely manner and are resolved in a compliant and controlled manner
• Work closely with the Functional CoE’s to develop a Lesson Learned Framework for stage gate deployments which seeks to consistently embed best practice in the pursuit of deployment excellence
6. Forge robust working relationships with the Functional CoE’s in the delivery of the contractor managed program of system deployments
• Collaborate closely with the Functional CoE’s throughout the project lifecycle with a particular focus on: project delivery; risk and issue escalation; and project governance
• Continuously seek to embed best practice in the Functional CoE engagement which will enable robust and agile touchpoints throughout the deployment lifecycle
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required with a preferred area of study in Science, Engineering, or Physical Science. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience is required.
• Proven experience of delivering large scale complex system deployments is required.
• Functional knowledge of/and experience in systems within Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals or other healthcare regulated sectors.
• Detailed knowledge of GxP and Sox requirements and regulations is required.
• Previous experience in working within a support organization with a knowledge of functional and matrix structures.
• Strong communication skills and change management.
• Proven success in building and developing a high performing team.
• Ability to manage multiple teams on a global basis.
• Strong and proven project management experience is required.
• Managing risk, including escalation, prioritization and resolution of systems and support issues and developing and managing responses.
• Showing initiative in innovative approaches to challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment.
• Building strong partnerships with Source/R&D/Plan/Make/Deliver/Supply Chain.
• Building consensus and impacting outcome with authority and ability to negotiate trade off decisions across the organization.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills to partner effectively at all levels and across multiple groups is required.
• Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts, with the ability to build partnerships and collaborate both internally and externally is required.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Business acumen and/ or financial background.
• Six Sigma/LEAN certification preferred, but not required.
• Detailed knowledge of ERP systems is preferred.
• Experience in managing multiple diverse stakeholder groups.
• Up to 50% of travel both domestic and international is required. Travel may increase at critical junctures like Go-lives (Close to 100%).
United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOther Locations
Asia Pacific, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin AmericaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID