Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager. Clinical Operational Planning & Strategy
Requisition ID: 00001CEV
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager. Clinical Operational Planning & Strategy. This position can be located in either Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Spring House, PA; Beerse, BE or Leiden, NE.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Bring your talents to our mission, visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ to learn more.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager. Clinical Operational Planning & Strategy (OPS) will supervise a number of direct reports, driving accountability of a day-to-day operations as well as taking a lead integration role (drive understanding of functional needs and translating those into RDO customer plan) in interactions with function specific leaders and/or functional business partners.
High level of support to be provided for functional portfolio management, cross-functional/cross-sector team efforts, managing escalation & scope control process working proactively to address all aspects of timely customer communications. In addition, under minimal supervision, the candidate will hold a role of an integrator of planning & forecasting processes, functional resourcing (FTE/OOPs/PO management support), planning systems (data accuracy, data flows, functional capacity utilization, algorithm development support and evaluations), data gathering, analytics & reporting (plan vs. actual, supply vs. demand, scope change reporting & financial accounting).
The candidate will utilize his/her strong technical skills in driving support for operational & financial functional needs including base business and ad-hoc non-standard requests. The candidate will take on strong leadership role in support of internal customer relations (ex. JSC, Procurement, TA and Functional Finance, PMO and others), cross-sector collaborations (MD&D and Consumer portfolio support as it impacts individual functions) and participate in change management/process improvement initiatives as they pertain to business operations. Manager will facilitate coordination of customer review meetings to drive vetting of resource data (timelines/drivers/FTEs/OOPs/budget) & will facilitate revisions according to monthly continuous forecast followed by communication with key business partners. He/she will work closely with the Group Head, LTs, functional managers and other customers for global coverage of planning/resourcing scenarios, escalation/risk mitigation process, data reconciliation & reporting management. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to driving employee development, training, promoting a collaborative team environment and taking on a leadership role in special functional initiatives/process improvement activities upon request.
He/she will report to the head of Head of the Group within the designated organization.
- A minimum of a BA/BS or equivalent University degree is required; an advance degree or certification (ex. MBA; Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or other business management certifications) is preferred
- At least 6 years of experience within a drug development environment (pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, other industries accepted) and at least 4 years of operational experience is required
- Experience within specific functional or therapeutic area (e.g. Immunology, CVM, Vaccines, Oncology) is preferred
- At least 3 years of hands-on-knowledge of planning/forecasting processes & tools is required
- At least 1 year of people management experience is preferred
- Hands-on experience of planning processes/tools with knowledge of SAP systems (ex. Beacon) & AP process tools (ex. Ariba) is strongly preferred
- Experience with tools such as Planisware, Cognos, Visualization Tools (ex.Tableau), CTMS, MS Project, and other web-based interfaces is preferred
- Experience leading a team within a matrix environment with a proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness is required
- Ability to effectively use Excel and MS office tools is required
- Up to 10% international and domestic travel is required
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Trial Administration