Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Analytics Engineer
Requisition ID: 00001C99
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Analytics Engineer in Jacksonville, FL or Limerick, Ireland.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As part of the Machine Analytics group focused on manufacturing and product performance, the Principal Analytics Engineer will work with MAKE, QA, and IT to develop, lead, and execute sustainable and scalable solutions to manufacturing and quality business problems. The focus will be on, but not limited to, production and yield improvements as well as product consistency and performance. The position is expected to impact cross-site JJV business objectives with potential to impact other Johnson & Johnson business objectives.
This position will create and sustain actionable insights from data, which at times will include involvement with the main pillars of analytics: data capture, data management, visualization and analysis, and advanced analytics. As the understanding furthers it is expected that this role will collaborate with other Engineering and Quality functions to either lead or consult on technical improvement implementation based on the findings. Additionally, collaboration with the Advanced Analytics and the QA Analytics group for modeling and analysis support as well as relevant IT groups for sustainable implementation and scalability.
All aspects of leadership are expected: personal and team development, project and vendor management, communication and strategy. Strong interpersonal skills are required to advocate the endeavor and link the tactical findings to the organizational goals. This position will collaborate closely with business partners who own the processing equipment, such as Engineering and Operations. A strong sense of advocacy should be conveyed to the partnering groups to ensure the flawless execution and sustainability of improvements in a collaborative environment. Finally, the capability and product performance learnings must be translated into actionable projects and ultimately as control tools in the quality systems.
- Promote Machine Analytics vision and results in the organization
- Responsible for identification and implementation of process related continuous improvement activities
- Communicating capability and product improvements to appropriate engineering and quality functions
- Foster culture of using an analytical approach to problems solving
- Foster culture of ownership and accountability
- Ensures activities are aligned with MAKE and QA Analytics strategy
- Understanding of business case creation and ability to communicate project value
- Keep up to date on new developments and technologies in assigned disciplines
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science or a related field is required; an advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required (including post bachelor’s studies/ training) with a track record showing strong problem solving methodology is required.
- Demonstrated project management and/or people management is required.
- Demonstrated experience in applying relating data to a model and proficiency in statistical analysis tools is required.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, interpret data, and process observations into actionable recommendations is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a regulated environment (medical, aerospace, defense or other) is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage by influence, especially in leading change required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as superior analysis and problem identification skills.
- Six Sigma (Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.) or Process Excellence certification is preferred.
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) certification is preferred
- This position may require up to 10% travel both domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)