Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environment, Health and Safety - Student Placements 2018
Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 00001C97
Environment, Health and Safety Student Placement
Duration: 12 months
Sector: Medical Devices
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to our workplace environment, health and safety. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
There is an opportunity for a person to work in the EHS Department for a year, completing day to day EHS activities and there will be also some specific projects.
This work may include:
• Risk assessments, job safety analysis and managing other documented risk control systems
• Waste administration and look into any other ways to reduce/recycle/improve waste streams and costs
• Conducting internal EHS audits
• Completing/assisting with site safety inspections
• Collating SDS for chemical inventory and assisting with COSHH assessments
• Managing Good Saves database, chasing open actions to closure and collating information from these
• Accident/incidents – updating of statistics and identifying any trends for investigation
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support EHS Site Lead with site daily activities
• Manage risk assessment database and oversee review of the system
• Conduct site inspections and capture any actions
• Work on specific EHS cost saving and improvement projects
• Investigation of any accidents/incidents and corrective actions required
• Assist with Good Saves monitoring programme
• Collect and analyse data for monthly corporate metrics
• Work closely with other departments within the business to obtain EHS information
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Have an EHS background ideally with machine safety and chemical safety or environmental strengths
- Great communicator and able to deal with wide variety of different stakeholders within the business
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills, able to generate reports and work with record keeping systems
- Ability to problem solve and analyse situations
- Need to demonstrate enthusiasm, ambition and commitment at assessment center
DePuy UK Holdings Limited (8721)