Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA Market Research Manager for Core Brands (HIV and CNS) (Central Europe)
Belgium; Italy; Germany; Spain; France; United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 00001C90
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Market Research Manager provides the Integrated Brand Value Teams (IBVTs) with deep insights and actionable recommendations, derived from best in class market research, to inform business decisions on an EMEA level.
Working in close collaboration with the other members of the BI team (Business Insights Manager, Business Analytics and Forecasting Manager, CI Manager), and external partners delivers an added value service to the internal customer.
Supports the therapeutic area and brands’ business imperatives in an integrated manner, the Market Research Manager plans and coordinates the Market Research activities for his/her dedicated TA, oversees the service provided by contracted market researchers, and coaches Dual Citizen market researchers.
Co-ordinator and Supervisor:
- Market Research (MR) planning: Ensures that across therapeutic area / brands, MR plans are built and continuously updated to meet business objectives with the right balance of methodologies, timings, and costs.
- Resource analysis and coordination: defines MR experts’ time resources required across brands and projects, recommends and implements allocations of the MR projects between internal and external market researchers. Pro-actively proposes solutions and trade-offs to manage MR activity when needed.
- Identifies and proposes contracted market researchers when needed.
- Manages contracted market researchers: Oversees their service within dedicated therapeutic area, to ensure full compliance, high quality standards in methodologies and project execution, and added value outputs. Provides feedback to contracted market researchers in order to maximize efficiency and integration within EMEA BI activities.
- Actively coaches and develops the skills of the Dual Citizen market researchers towards compliant, best practice MR projects using most appropriate methodologies and analyses, and providing actionable recommendations via customized and impactful communication.
Team Member and Networker:
- Is a key contributor to the activities of the EMEA MR Centre of Excellence (CoE). Leads selected cross-TA projects for the CoE, in order to develop and roll-out new MR capabilities and practices.
- Plays a leadership role in delivering pan-EMEA/cross TA studies.
- Is an active member of the EMEA MR expert group.
- Partners with the Business Intelligence Managers to ensure that insights synthesized from research are translated into compelling, actionable recommendations for the brand teams.
- Networks closely with Global MR colleagues to guide the development of Global MR plans that reflect region needs, and support the roll-out of Global research in-region.
- Educates and coach BI and marketing colleagues on appropriate research strategies to address the brand key strategic questions.
- Is expert in those therapy areas of personal responsibility and introduces relevant MR methods based on technical knowledge and skills.
- Pro-actively translates business needs into relevant market research objectives.
- Recommends, and implements the most appropriate primary research methodologies to meet objectives, with best balance of accuracy, time, and cost.
- Oversees execution of primary research. Is compliant, and ensures suppliers also comply, in relation to all relevant codes of practice, guidelines and SOP.
- Identifies and leverages most robust secondary research sources that address knowledge gaps.
- Translates market research data and analyses into strategic recommendations that drive growth.
- Generates and presents customer and marketplace insights on a regional scale to shape and influence business strategies.
- Assesses, selects and manages MR suppliers towards high quality data, conclusions and recommendations. Monitors budget and commissioning process with vendors.
- Conducts special research projects to support further penetration of existing markets, the evaluation of new market opportunities, and to support new product development. Tests ideas, concepts, and new products as part of the pipeline development process
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to coordinate and coach multiple stakeholders for the delivery of projects.
- Functional mastery, combined with ability and wish to transfer knowledge and develop the MR skills of other professionals.
- Ability to build productive, sustained relationships with contractors and colleagues in EMEA, Global and operating company teams.
- Commercially aware with strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- An ability to challenge the status quo, and showing leadership in change management. Pro-actively looking for innovative MR techniques that build competitive advantage.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Awareness of and adherence to J&J Credo values, SOPs, guidelines and policies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare primary Market Research within the pharmaceutical industry and/or agency side.
- A background and understanding of science and marketing.
The role is Central Europe based and will involve travel (<50%) within the home country and across the EMEA region.
It is anticipated that the role holder will be based in his/her current country of residence as long as easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)