Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA Medical Education Scientific Relations Neurosciences/Mood Disorders (Central Europe)
Beerse, Belgium; United Kingdom; Ireland; Switzerland; Italy; Germany; Spain; France
Requisition ID: 00001C7K
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To identify short and long-term strategic opportunities in the marketplace, and to develop the EMEA Medical Education strategy for Mood Disorders/Esketamine according to product / therapy area strategy.
To construct EMEA-level educational programs and other programs based on scientific data in support of Therapeutic Area/Product goals identified by the IBVT.
To build and maintain strong relationships with the external scientific community (KOLs, HCPs, Scientific Communities, Patient Advocacy groups, etc.) agency personnel and key internal stakeholders across EMEA.
To coordinate the educational grant management process.
To coordinate Medical Education activities at the EMEA level including accountability for the execution and financial management of the EMEA Medical Education product plans.
To act as an EMEA Medical Education expert and go-to-person.
EMEA Medical Education Product / Therapy Area Representation
- Establish and manage an external network of agencies, investigators, KOLs and patient groups in order to further develop and implement the product strategy
- Seek the opinion of these physicians and target patient groups on educational programme/project development.
- Coordinate the content development process for EMEA-level Medical Education activities, working closely with programme chairs, faculty members, and participating KOLs to prepare programme outlines and meeting materials and obtain appropriate review and sign-off.
- Communicate with CME providers, HCPs and institutions requesting educational grants or charitable contributions.
- Select appropriate vendors following Procurement guidelines, and manage vendor relationship throughout programme development and execution (working closely with SKM and EMAD, and liaising with EMPL, as appropriate).
- Attend key medical meetings, symposia, and dinner meetings.
- Act as a Company contact to Medical Societies.
- Represent EMEA Medical Education and present a unified EMEA Medical Education voice within other Global and EMEA functions/teams (e.g. Medical Affairs Functional Network, ETAT, IBVT, GCT) for Mood Disorders area and provide a critical linkage point between Marketing and Medical Affairs groups
- Develop EMEA Medical Education strategy and plan for Mood Disorders area, gathering inputs from EMEA Marketing and Medical Affairs counterparts (EMLs/ENPLs, EMADs, ETALs) and in-country Medical Education specialists (as appropriate) and ensuring close alignment with the overall EMEA product strategy
- Determine target audience and address strategies and tactics to the stakeholder audiences’ needs, wants, and objectives.
- Develop strategies and tactics that effectively maximize available resources.
- Monitor existing and potential competition and develop strategies and tactics to address competitive factors and to respond to competitive programs.
- Establish key milestones focused on achievement of goals and objectives.
- Present Strategic business plan and budget to IBVT, gain their approval, and input their recommendations.
- Clearly communicate specifics of approved plan to appropriate personnel (including procurement and HCC) and appropriate vendors.
- Work with Scientific Communications Director to identify sensitive Medical Education events requiring additional Legal and HCC advice (based on position in product lifecycle or high external visibility)
- Work together with colleagues in EMEA Scientific Communications team (and local Medical Education staff as necessary), the EMPLs and other relevant Marketing and Medical Affairs representatives to coordinate and drive the implementation of the Medical Education plan for the product/therapy area at the EMEA level
- Communicate specifics of business plan to appropriate internal and external personnel.
- Head the EMEA Medical Education project team. Supervise budget. Determine and monitor timeline and manage project to conclusion/implementation.
- Ensure all programs are in compliance with regulatory HCC and legal guidelines, and company policy.
- Accountable for content development in collaboration with SKM(s) and external agencies. Liaise with Marketing and Medical Affairs representatives to ensure review and approval of all creative concepts.
- Negotiate contracts, review budgets, allocate resources, and monitor expenses for Medical Education activities within product/therapy area.
- Analyse achievement of measurement milestones (key performance indicators).
- Represent EMEA Medical Education and present a unified EMEA Medical Education voice within local operating companies (Medical Education network) for Mood Disorders area to collaborate and identify local needs to implement the medical Education strategy
- Coordinate the Educational grant management process
- Collect and analyse data to support grant requests in a timely fashion.
- Maintain files and database for tracking requests, preparing educational grant requests for the internal review committee
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during the grant process (raising to Scientific Communications Director, as necessary)
- Initiation and management of payment for grant requests requiring purchase orders
- Liaison with other departments such as Healthcare Compliance, Law, Finance, and Sales and Marketing.
- Liaise with Global Strategic Marketing on their activities within EMEA.
- Compile and distribute EMEA Medical Education statistics/feedback for given product(s) to EMEA Marketing and Medical Affairs to provide insights into market trends and issues.
- Provide input to development and maintenance of core medical education, communications and training materials for Esketamine. Assist with cascade to the appropriate people within LOCs.
- Build internal reputation as a credible Medical Education expert and advocate, and act as first point of contact for allocated product within EMEA, escalating issues to the EMEA Scientific Communications Director, or to ETAL or EMAD responsible for specific products, as appropriate
EMEA Medical Education Capability Building
- Work collaboratively with others working in Medical Education and Scientific Relations roles to proactively share best practice, and to help build a Medical Education Centre of Excellence for J-C EMEA
- Continuously update knowledge of products, market trends and competitor activities, and of new developments and industry best practices in Medical Education
- Participate in appropriate professional organisations and meetings, symposia and medical education programmes as a product expert to maintain and improve knowledge and expertise
- Maintain open communication and cooperation with Medical Education specialists in other J&J companies to ensure knowledge exchange and sharing of good practice
- Allocate time appropriately to conduct responsibilities and tasks such as status reports, expense reports, etc.
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external customer requests.
- Manage time and activities of self and staff to correspond with the annual planning calendar.
- Communicate routinely and effectively to ensure effective integration of business plan.
- Effectively evaluate materials and programs from appropriate vendors and in-house departments.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proven skills at developing and managing varied relationships within and outside the company.
- Highly customer and market place focused with an awareness of the importance of business results
- Experienced in development of educational programs
- Highly skilled at understanding scientific data and translating it into effective education and communications materials
- Strong and demonstrable communication and influencing skills that can impact at a Global and regional level
- Excellent organizational skills, time-management skills and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of Medical Education processes and activities
- In depth knowledge of at least one product within TA including main competitors
- Excellent knowledge of the TA in general with a good knowledge of all products within TA
- Good interpersonal, partnering and negotiation skills
- Awareness of and adherence to Johnson & Johnson Credo values
- Academic background with a scientific/ medical degree essential
- 3 + years industry/business experience in a Medical Education or related (e.g. medical writing, medical information, internal marketing, pharmaceutical sales management) role
- A good understanding of the varying medical and marketing practices and perspectives across EMEA
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Industry and Marketplace
- Organizational Awareness
- Product and Therapeutic Area Knowledge and Patient Insight
- Medical Strategy Development
- Quality Management
- Clinical Activities Strategy, Planning and Design
- Budgetary Skills and Performance Metrics
- Project Management
- Networking and Collaborating
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Business Tools
- Medical Writing
- The role is Central EU based and will involve EMEA and International travel.
- The role holder will be expected to be based in his/her current country of residence as long as easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)