Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2018 Janssen R&D Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) Internship
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey; Malvern, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 00001C6H
Janssen Research & Development Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) Summer Interns to be based in NJ or PA. The duration of this internship is May through August.
Janssen Research & Development (Johnson & Johnson) Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C., develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Intern will support the PDMS group, a part of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development. The PDMS organization is responsible for the development of technology used in the large-scale manufacture of pharmaceutical products including active pharmaceutical ingredients, formulations, analytical methods, and devices to enable patient dosing of these pharmaceuticals. PDMS is also responsible for the manufacture of toxicology supplies and clinical supplies intended for phase 1 and phase 2 studies.
Opportunities for Interns exist at our PA and NJ facilities in the following groups:
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient - Large Molecules
Drug Product Development
Learn about all aspects of bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing including fermentation/cell culture, purification, drug product formulation, clinical supply manufacture, and manufactured product technical and analytical support. An Intern assigned to one of the development areas will participate in the planning, execution, and analysis of a wide variety of experiments, with guidance from an experienced scientist/engineer. The individual will assist in the creation of a manufacturing cell line, development and implementation of biological manufacturing processes, scale-up procedures, and test methods relevant to the processing, formulation, and evaluation of monoclonal antibodies and other biologics. An Intern assigned to the Strategic Operations group may assist with the implementation of IT systems such as electronic laboratory notebooks or data acquisition systems or may assist in the development of process modeling tools. Finally, an Intern in the Supply Management area will assist in managing distribution of clinical supplies and development of supply plans. All assignments offer the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams to implement projects involving capacity improvements, cost savings, process improvements.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college throughout the duration of the internship.
- Completion of a minimum of two years towards a BS or pursuing a MS or PhD in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering; Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry; Biology; Biochemistry; Molecular Biology; Biotechnology; Microbiology; Supply Chain Management or related science or engineering disciplines is required.
- Previous co-op or internship experience is preferred.
- Student must be available from May - August and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- Extensive PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint, SAP is preferred (SAP for Supply Chain Management only).
- Minimum 3.2 GPA is preferred. Local travel may be required.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)