Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Director, Business Technology Leader, Clinical Data & Decision Support
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Raritan, New Jersey; Beerse, Belgium; Titusville, New Jersey; Horsham, Pennsylvania; Malvern, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 00001C2P
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a IT Director, Clinical Decision Support Business Technology Leader located in Spring House, PA; Springhouse, PA; Raritan, NJ; Titusville, NJ; Beerse, Belgium. This position may require up to 20% domestic & international travel.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The Director, Clinical Decision Support is a visionary leader who can combine modern Information and Technology expertise with clinical and pharmaceutical R&D knowledge to transform the way information and technology are used to drive real time learning and decision making. This role is accountable for key initiatives that will drive best practices in data and information availability (management and access), data flow, analytics, and data to decision practices to leverage Janssen’s greatest assets, our data and information. This leader will be responsible for driving the digitalization of Clinical Development, shaping the clinical strategy into the digital health landscape, partnering with other Janssen IT teams and leaders. The Director, Clinical Decision Support Business Technology Leader reports to the Janssen VP, R&D Operations Business Technology (BT) and is a core member of the leadership teams in R&D Operations BT. S/he will connect with internal business partners and external experts to shape demand and resolve how to best support the business through most appropriate use of skills, tools, capabilities, and technology. The position will participate in strategic business planning with R&D Operations leaders and will lead business analysis activities and business risk assessments for newly identified technology opportunities. The position holder will partner effectively with the broader J&J Technology organization, including other Business Technology Leaders, Product Line organizations, Enterprise Product lines, Global Technology Services, and enterprise and solutions architects to design the solution and ensure effective integration of new systems and technologies in existing system landscapes. S/he is responsible for all aspects of project management including establishing scope and project objectives, development of budget and capital appropriation requests, meeting time and budget requirements, directing all project resources, and helping the business partner(s) realize the desired business goals for the project(s).
Responsibilities include: Strategic Planning & Information and Technology Consultancy to the Clinical Development Operations leaders, Clinical Data, Analysis and Reporting Leaders, Quantitative Science Leaders, and Enabling Business and Information Services group. Through ongoing consultation with the business, this role identifies and analyzes business needs, works with department members to ensure scope and requirements are aligned and creates opportunities for innovation in process changes and technology enabled solutions. Contributes to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for IT and aligns plans between stakeholders; Works independently in formulating creative ideas and solutions on products, processes, and systems. Assesses proposed solutions and develops recommendations based on industry trends and benchmarking always in alignment with IT strategies and technology roadmaps. Contributes to the business case development for proposed projects; Builds and maintains strong partnership with strategic technology providers; Contributes to budget development and monitors budget within area.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Develops an IT strategy and roadmap for Real time learning and decision making based on Janssen business objectives.
- Collaborates closely with IDAR and Quantitative Science
- Collaborates closely with Architecture to build roadmaps, ensure end to end process and data flow and evaluate potential technology partners
- Keep abreast of external environment and evaluate tools and solutions that can advance Janssen’s data, analytics, and decision-making capabilities
- Drives RFI/RFP processes and pilots as appropriate to evaluate relevant tools and capabilities
- Drives the implementation of required solution and maintaining the most leading capabilities in collaborations with R&D and JJT partners.
- Advises and influences senior management in R&D on the transformation and application of digital technologies, aligned to the overall R&D IT strategy
- Builds superior skills within a strong overall team, owning performance management, talent development and succession for his/her area of responsibility.
- In close partnership with senior stakeholders, leads governance processes and resources, and will consistently influence, match and prioritize complex requirements to maximize value to the business.
- Deep knowledge of Clinical Development data, standards, processes, capabilities and priorities and thought leadership around data analytics and decision support - specifically where data and emerging technology can transform pharmaceutical innovation
- A strategic thinker with strong technical knowledge and superb communication and leadership skills
- A driver of improved business operations who follows rigorous IT portfolio management to ensure timely delivery of projects that achieve expected benefits
- Strong understanding of current technology landscape for MDR, data governance, and data standards.
- Strong working knowledge of CDISC, SDTM, ADaM preferred.
- A developer of teams who actively pursues talent management and establishes a strong leadership pipeline
- A business strategist, revolutionary in thinking at the forefront of new and emerging technologies such as mobility, business analytics, cloud computing and social software/media and capable of applying these disruptive capabilities, shaking up business models and transforming R&D
- An IT pragmatist, who can effectively lead and deliver projects, and can demonstrate corporate infrastructure and establish a new technology environment to deliver upon traditional experiment execution needs as well as unlock opportunities for R&D innovation and competitive advantage
- A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for R&D excellence and global expansion.
- An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, high-energy and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
- Specific knowledge and expertise of clinical trial data, biomarker data, as well as other research and development data including high throughput screening, in vivo biology, preclinical safety, biologics research, small molecule discovery research, computational chemistry, genetics and genomics data management, electronic lab notebooks, imaging, and data standards
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years related experience in R&D IT and/or informatics, preferably within a pharmaceutical setting OR a Master’s degree or a PhD and 8 years of related experience in clinical IT and/or informatics, preferably within a pharmaceutical setting.
- Strong business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required.
- Experience managing consultant resources, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required.
- Demonstrated project and program management capability based on the successful completion of large projects in global, cross-functional business areas, including management of budget/finances is required.
- Demonstrated capability to develop, maintain, apply and influence data, application and technical architecture within multiple, global functional domains is required.
- Strong communication and relationship building with key stakeholder in cross multiple sites/regions.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a line management and matrix management is required.
- Strong foundation in and a thorough understanding of: 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements is required.
- Must be informed on current and new technologies & their applicability to the business is required.
- Must have experience working with Clinical trial data, metadata, and data standards as well as models for storing Clinical data.
- Experience with SAS tables (and programming)
- Experience implementing and managing software for data capture and warehousing, electronic laboratory notebooks, imaging platforms, and data analytics software required.
- Strong knowledge of informatics principles and practical application, including various data standards is required.
- The ability to work in cross functional teams and lead and manage individuals with multidisciplinary backgrounds is required.
- Up to 20% travel (domestic & international) is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)