Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Medical Director (Clinical Research) (1 of 2)
Raritan, New Jersey; Spring House, Pennsylvania; Beerse, Belgium; High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 00001C24
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Director (Clinical Research) located in Raritan, NJ, Springhouse, PA, Beerse, Belgium or High Wycombe UK. This position requires up to 20% travel (international and domestic).
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Medical Director (Clinical Research) in Hematology is a member of a matrix team dedicated to the implementation of clinical research studies that are part of a global compound development program.
The Medical Director (Clinical Research) supports the Clinical Leader and provides active scientific contributions to a cross-functional clinical team developing a compound currently being studied for new hematology and oncology applications. Other functional groups represented on the team include project management, regulatory affairs, global clinical operations, data management, medical writing, biostatistics, medical affairs, clinical pharmacology biomarkers, translational medicine, patient reported outcomes, and health economics.
This role requires a high-performing and energetic individual who demonstrates outstanding scientific knowledge applicable to hematology or oncology clinical research and the highest personal and ethical standards. The successful candidate must be equally comfortable among the team to which he/she is assigned and in the global environment in which the company operates.
• Assists in the preparation of protocol writing for and operational execution of clinical studies.
• Participates in the interpretation and reporting of the results of the research, including submission to health authorities.
• Evaluates scientific information and new ideas to assist in identifying new research opportunities.
• Supports medical affairs activities involving product evaluation, labeling and surveillance.
• Assesses external clinical research proposals involving company products and manuscripts that are being prepared for publication.
• Acts as a liaison between the company and clinical investigators.
• Develops in concert with the clinical leadership, credible relationships with opinion leaders, and clinical research staff in many countries.
• A minimum of an advanced degree in medicine (i.e. M.D. or equivalent) is required.
• A trained Oncologist or Hematologist or an individual with substantial previous experience in conducting hematology or oncology clinical studies is highly desired.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a clinical research position in an academically-based research institute or within the pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of basic and clinical cancer or hematology research and its application to drug development is required.
• Good oral, written, and presentation skills (including report development) in English are required.
• Successful work experience in a matrix team environment is preferred.
• A strong commitment to hematology/oncology clinical research and the ability to work well within a team setting is required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research MD