Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Communication & Public Affairs Graduate Intern (Multiple Openings)
Requisition ID: 00001C0B
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting Communication Graduate Interns for summer 2018. These full-time internship positions will be located in New Brunswick or other Johnson & Johnson facilities within the New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania area.
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. With more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 125,000 people, we work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is home to a world-class communication team, and we are currently hiring our Class of Summer 2018– a talented group of graduate level communicators who are looking to build a career in healthcare communications. They will be fully-integrated members of our team for the duration of the internship, with opportunities to make meaningful contributions and demonstrate a real passion for communication.
Interns will gain valuable work experience in different areas across the business in one of the most innovative, diversified and admired companies in the world.
Interns will be assigned a manager depending on their placement, whether in a business unit or in one of the corporate functions.
As a Class of Summer 2018 communication intern at Johnson & Johnson, you will help build the reputation of Johnson & Johnson with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in communication activities that bring value across the company. You will help engage, align, inspire and inform our stakeholders around the world.
Successful candidates will blend communication, marketing and journalism disciplines, demonstrate a strong ability to write and create a wide variety of content in a number of formats, such as internal announcements, presentations, press releases, articles, videos, web copy, media pitches and social media outreach. You may also contribute to research for current and/or future campaigns, and translate information into insights and strategy.
You will have the opportunity to interact with Johnson & Johnson employees at all levels, and with other partner groups within Johnson & Johnson including Legal, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, R&D, Government Affairs and IT as well as public relations and other agencies working on our behalf.
We are looking for self-starters who can manage projects and follow-ups with demonstrated attention to detail.
- A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA is required
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Previous professional experience in a communications, public affairs, journalism or related job prior to enrolling in the graduate program (minimum 12 months required)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College/University in a communications, journalism, marketing, public affairs or related graduate degree program with an interest in pursuing a career in communications/public affairs (individuals pursuing graduate degrees in science or any healthcare-related field who have communications experience also are eligible)
- Fundamental understanding of healthcare business and challenges
- Geographic mobility for the duration of the internship (approximately 10 weeks)
- Excellent business-level writing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to synthesize and translate findings into concrete executable recommendations
- Strong digital and social acumen
- Time and priority management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Big picture vision
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- “Can do” attitude
- Curious and broad minded
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- Collaborative - Willingness to learn from others and partner with peers
- Courage to speak your voice and suggest out-of-the-box ideas
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson (6067)