Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DREXEL LAB SCIENTIST CO-OP
Requisition ID: 00001BPA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Lab Scientist Co-op, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Lab Scientist will join the Translational research team within the Oncology division to identify novel biomarkers that predict treatment responses, identify mechanisms of resistance and help understand mechanisms of action for the novel therapeutic regimens that are under development at Janssen. The position resides in a highly interactive team, so collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are highly valued.
- The Lab Scientist will work closely with one of the Janssen Scientists and perform in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments.
- He/ She will design cell biology experiments, execute laboratory experiments, analyze experimental data, generate laboratory protocols, write technical reports and present results to the team.
- Laboratory experiments include cell biology techniques such as tissue cell culture, cell analysis by flow cytometry.
- Laboratory experiments include techniques such as tissue cell culture, RNA and DNA extraction and RT-PCR.
- He/ she should comply with laboratory safety, training and quality regulations.
- The Co-Op will have the opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic team and work on novel technology platforms for cell analysis.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing science major.
- Candidates must be available to work (Part-time or Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates with lab bench experience in academic and/or industrial settings are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 with motivation to learn new concepts is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)