Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Inventory Manager
Zug, Switzerland; Raritan, New Jersey; Beerse, Belgium
Requisition ID: 00001BP9
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is the global J&J organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. Within the Janssen Supply Chain, Product Management is responsible for assessing & integrating new business opportunities, successfully launching new products, ensuring their availability, and optimizing the supply chain performance throughout the product life cycle.
JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the E2E supply chain”.
- The Global Inventory Manager is a Global role responsible for the End-to-End JSC Inventory and obsolescence/destructions. This leader works very closely together with the End-to-End and site Planning Teams and other Global functions (Make, Source, Deliver) to ensure inventory levels are optimized and obsolescence is minimized.
- The Manager will direct the development and implementation of inventory policies (MEIO – multi-echelon inventory optimization) and standardization of inventory related processes. The leader will support the benchmarking of inventory and provide insights, identify opportunities and drive improvement projects to ensure inventory savings are being delivered.
- This individual will work closely with the sites and global functions (Make/Source/Deliver) to create the global inventory and obsolescence plan/targets during yearly business planning and strategic planning. She/he will lead the monthly actual inventory and destruction avoidance reviews and provide a gap analysis versus global targets.
- She/he will be in charge of the monthly Inventory and Inventory Destruction Avoidance (IDA) processes, reporting actual performance, future projections, making some gap and root cause analysis to identify/address main deviations vs targets to the relevant stakeholders. She/he will ensure the newly developed processes/tools are globally rolled out, will monitor process adherence and hold the different stakeholders (within Plan, Make, Source) accountable.
- This individual will have a good understanding of the financial processes and work closely together with Finance on inventory valuation and potential financial impact of obsolescence.
- The Manager will support the Inventory Governance and Inventory Destruction Avoidance governance structures to ensure cross-functional alignment. She/he will identify opportunities, drive improvement projects and hold internal stakeholders accountable for delivering improvements in their respective areas impacting on inventory or obsolescence.
This role is responsible for directing the integrated supply chain inventory, destruction avoidance, segmentation strategies and setting / governing inventory policies and parameters
- Ensures optimization of our inventory and minimization of our obsolescence, supports trade off decisions with relevant analytics.
- Supports the development of inventory and obsolescence avoidance plans during the strategic planning process, annual business planning and quarterly update processes.
- Manages actual results and projection processes for Inventory and Destructions, creates the Gap analysis and action plans with the End-to-End and Site Planning teams.
- Ensures alignment with all stakeholders (Make, Plan, Source, Deliver, Finance) and holds them accountable to deliver in line with their individual inventory and destruction targets
- Supports identification of inventory management opportunities/programs that improve business outcomes through cost reduction, cost avoidance, and process improvements on a cross functional level
- Utilizes inventory modelling to identify and lead execution of optimization opportunities and improvement projects.
- Identifies and drives programs to deliver the inventory and destruction Business Plan and Strat plan commitments.
- Directs the development and implementation of inventory and destruction avoidance policies, and drives standardization of the related processes
- Drives deployment of inventory modeling processes (inventory entitlement) and tools
- Supports cross-functional Inventory and IDA Governance Structures
- Plays an expert role and provides inventory and destruction avoidance training to the JSC organization
- University Bachelor`s Degree or equivalent. MBA or equivalent preferred. Supply Chain Certification (APICS) desirable
- 7+ Years related experience
- Experience with multi-echelon SC planning
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Experience with ERP & Advanced Planning Systems and MEIO (multi echelon inventory optimization) systems
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain financial processes
- Experience in Site Planning
- Strong IT background
- Experience in working in international teams
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to develop, coach and guide a team in the execution, strategies and realization of functional and company goals.
- Ability to forge collaboration across all levels of the enterprise & externally.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the Supply Chain, in a matrix environment and also with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of best practices, benchmarks and corporate objectives to identify and prioritize continuous improvement projects
- Uses in-depth knowledge in inventory management trends and financial considerations to articulate the vision of the long-term inventory strategy and shares it with other functions across the organization
- Good understanding of Multi-echelon inventory optimization processes and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of various inventory modeling techniques
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Cilag GmbH International (8525)