Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Consumer R&D Packaging Co-op - PA, NJ
Requisition ID: 00001BO3
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. With approximately $70.0 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 129,000 employees in 60 countries throughout the world.
General Information - Co-op Opportunities - Candidates apply for one overall Packaging Engineering co-op making them eligible for multiple Johnson & Johnson company opportunities within Packaging Engineering. These individual departmental openings provide Co-Ops with a six-month opportunity to become an integral part of their respective departments. Each co-op is responsible for both supporting base business tactically through report generation, analysis and strategically through idea generation and innovation. Co-ops will have the opportunity to work on and lead cross-functional project teams, which support current business requirements. Co-ops will be part of a structured co-op program, which consists of a formal mentoring program, visibility to upper management, professional training and networking opportunities.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil - PPC, Inc. markets a broad range of over-the-counter products, including TYLENOL acetaminophen products, ZYRTEC and BENADRYL allergy medicines, IMODIUM A-D anti-Diarrheal, MOTRIN IB, and SUFAFED Nasal decongestants.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer companies markets leading products in a broad range of categories, including Skincare, Baby Care, Women’s Health, Wound Care, OTC Pharmaceuticals & Nutritionals, and Oral Care. Our products connect clinically proven efficacy with consumer insights— bringing science to the art of healthy living.
- Manage new package development projects, optimize existing packages and/or work on a cross-functional project team under the supervision of a Package Development Engineer.
- Daily interaction with Design, Marketing, Operations, Procurement, Project Management and Suppliers necessary to complete project objectives.
- Travel to packaging suppliers as necessary.
- Perform laboratory tests and evaluations of primary and secondary packaging related to their specific projects.
- Develop Package Component drawings and specifications, and provide technical support to project teams.
- Support and execute Package Line Trials (PLT's) by writing protocols, ordering components, and coordinating with the packaging line technicians.
- Responsible for conducting packaging tests, evaluation of results, and problem solving.
- Conduct all work according to cGMP, Company, and Regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate and characterize packaging materials and components.
- Analyze package test data: derive correlation between package performance and product stability.
- Recommend materials or packaging designs as possible alternatives when packaging problems arise.
- Schedule and perform routine package testing as well as work on immediate design/material issues.
- Support line trials at plants. Offer possible solutions/suggestions/test designs to resolve problems.
- Gain insight into the regulatory aspects of the Pharmaceutical industry through packaging design and development and production qualification by executing packaging line trial protocols and validations.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any Johnson & Johnson operating company without limitations and require NO sponsorship now or in the future (e.g., H1--B visas)
- GPA of 3.0 – Cumulative (strongly preferred)
- Must currently be enrolled in school and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, and presentation skills, leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from work on a daily basis.
- Majors: Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering or another related Packaging major
NOTE: If you are authorized to work in the United States based upon practical training as a result of being in F-1, J-1, H-1, L-1, E-1, E-2, O, P or OPT/CPT status, you will not be interviewed or considered for these employment opportunities.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)