Johnson & Johnson Karriere
Voer een geldig e-mailadres in
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Metals Engineer - Additive Manufacturing (fixed-term)
Requisition ID: 00001BKG
"Caring for the world… one person at a time”inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
To join our engineering team at the Production Site in Balstal (SO) to support building an E2E Additive manufacturing Development Line composed of 3D Printing elements and directly associated materials processing technologies, we are looking for a
- Lead and support process and product development within the stainless steel elements of the Development Line.
- Assist in developing, executing, writing and analysing protocols in alignment with 3D Printing COE Stainless Steel project plans to satisfy TRL (Technology Readiness Level) requirements.
- Required to guide projects through process development, validation activities, project risk management (PFMEA) and mitigation, project administration and reporting, and other tasks required to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within projected budgets.
- Manage 3D Printing process inputs to maximize results using systematic approach methods (DOE).
- Use Proven Root Cause analyses and problem solving techniques.
- Complete technology transfer into production for products and processes developed.
- Ensure maintenance of all metal 3D printers, vacuum heat treat furnace, passivation line, post processing, testing and metrology equipment as applicable, per GMP standards.
- Immediate responsibility will be to assist and work in concert with Engineering, Operations, HSE, Facilities and design teams on the installation of the Line.
- Effectively communicate clearly and concisely across all levels of the company and across various functions and businesses.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new process designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews.
- Identify appropriate resources and technical requirements for 3DP NPI projects.
- Interface with Global Academic Institutes in 3DP
- Leads and participates in highly complex engineering projects, either technically or with an extensive cross-functional team. This includes developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
- Identifies, leads and implements transformational process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Develops strategy for gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops strategy for fixtures and tool design and can express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Leads new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering discipline, preferably in Materials Science or Metallurgy
- 4 or more years of experience in Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science or related field.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
- A highly successful engineering background with experience in delivering innovative technical and engineering solutions in multiple businesses.
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels of the company and across various functions and businesses.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of process development and validation including design of experiments, statistical analysis, and project management.
- In-depth experience and technical leadership in 3D printing/Additive manufacturing methods, materials science, equipment and process development, etc.
- Experience with metals, specifically stainless steels, heat treatment, post processing, and cleanliness analyses.
- Knowledge in analytical, and physical property testing and analysis
- Fluent in English and with good German skills
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)
R&D Engineering (R&D)