Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Performance Evaluation R&D Intern
Requisition ID: 00001BJS
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for an R&D Intern, located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, oncology, and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was built more than 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
A position is available in the Performance Evaluation Group of R&D and may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on laboratory work in an engineering lab including using an Instron mechanical tester
- Developing test fixtures using Solidworks
- Design and validate experimental test methods
- Execute these methods under minimal supervision to verify product designs
- Good documentation practices, including writing test protocols, generating final reports, and summarizing findings in a laboratory notebook
- Must be able to follow all lab safety rules and compliance related procedures
If you are passionate about these opportunities, please apply below.
- Be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the Internship session.
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- College freshman year or above will be considered.
- Experience with materials testing equipment preferred or must have demonstrated ability to do hand-on lab work such as mechanical/machine shop experience
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred (HS or college GPA)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/high school programs and/or community service activities is desired.
- A high level of organization and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Ability to provide their own transportation to this work location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)