Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing - Student Placements 2018
Requisition ID: 00001BDL
Marketing - Industrial Placement
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
In marketing you could find yourself launching a new product or creating a multimedia campaign for a world famous brand. You could uncover invaluable insights by looking at things from our customers’ point of view or develop innovative new ways to help patients, consumers and medical professionals everywhere. As a marketing placement student you will enjoy a varied role in a fast paced, creative environment. We have marketing roles available across each sector of J&J, each offering a different type of marketing experience.
- Medical Devices
As a placement student in our Consumer business you could work in 3 different marketing roles:
- Brand Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Insights
Brand Marketing - you will be assigned to one of our brands which include iconic household names such as LISTERINE®, JOHNSON’S®, CALPOL® or NEUTROGENA®. You may find yourself driving promotional activity across social media, working on digital content, running PR activity or analysing market and sales data to understand the performance of your brand in its category.
Digital Marketing – In digital marketing you will be on the more creative side of marketing within the Consumer sector. You could be involved in designing social media campaigns or working with the brand teams to devise their digital strategy. You could be involved in far reaching campaigns that deliver success for our brands and a broad range of experiences for you. You could find yourself analyzing the success of campaigns and delivering your findings to the business so that we can strengthen future campaigns.
Consumer, Shopper & Marketing Insights: The Insights team are a part of the broader marketing team. Our purpose is to bring the voice of the consumer and shopper to the heart of the business to ensure that everything that we do is consumer and shopper centric. We use a range of different methodologies and approaches to get closer to the people that J&J serve every day with our products, in order to ensure that our colleagues in marketing and across the business as a whole have a deep understanding of their needs and behaviours. If you are naturally inquisitive and have an interest in what makes people tick, a role in the Insights team could be for you!
If you are based in our Pharmaceutical business you will support the marketing of products in a particular therapy area such as oncology, diabetes or immunology. Placement students in our Pharmaceutical sector are heavily involved in PR events such as educational awareness events or product launches and also develop advertising materials and mobile apps for our sales force.
In our Medical Devices business, marketing placement students have the chance to work on key parts of the business such as orthopaedics, neurology, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, wound management and women’s health. Placement students can let their creativity shine through developing promotional adverts and video content for internal communications, being heavily involved in the events planning process and managing a number of key supplier relationships.
Being part of the J&J Vision team you will work on a world leading brand: ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. With us, you will have the chance to get a truly rounded marketing experience being immersed in both consumer and professional marketing driving promotional activities in-store and digitally.
- Coordination of online activity such as digital content across websites, mobile sites and social media
- Analysis of market research and sales data
- Copy writing and advert design
- Running PR activity and supporting key events
- Procurement excellence and copy approval
- Monitor industry press releases and market research
- Support all internal communication strategies including video production and literature design
- Support ad hoc projects around activities such as Corporate Social Responsibility
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, design and bio science degree types preferred
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent analytical and reporting ability
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to interpret and understand complex information such as financial and market data, scientific data and clinical information
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritise
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Wokingham, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Johnson & Johnson (6067)