Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales and Customer Development - Student Placements 2018
Requisition ID: 00001BDK
Sales and Customer Development Industrial Placement
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
We offer two different roles within this field
Sales & Customer Development: This team is J&J's key point of contact with our many customers, from large national retailers to local pharmacies. Customer Development manages accounts, develops and maintains relationships, sells products and ultimately reaches our sales targets.
It is sales with a difference. It’s not about making a quick buck. We believe in building long-lasting relationships and being a valued customer partner. Join us and you’ll receive all the training and support you need to get to know our products inside and out, and build strong partnerships with our customers. And as we’re Johnson & Johnson, you’ll be able to stand in front of your customers, 100% confident about the integrity, quality and heritage of products that make a real difference to people’s lives.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities such as presenting our current product portfolio and future to our customers and making regular store visits. You may be responsible for conducting business analysis and competitor tracking. Also expect to work closely with the marketing team to formulate brand strategy planning.
eCommerce Customer Development: The primary objective of the eCommerce Customer Development role is to support delivery of eCommerce revenue targets by driving increased eCommerce sales and support all existing eCommerce channel partners and local clusters/markets as part of the broader channel plan.
You will actively seek out new opportunities to develop eCommerce sales growth within the wider customer portfolio.
Finally, you will develop and build the wider capability of the sales and marketing organization working with the regional team and local market teams to develop and execute resources and materials that enable the organization to better identify and execute on eCommerce opportunities.
- Maintaining regular contact with customers to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Presenting to customers our current product portfolio and plans for the future
- Execution of promotional strategies
- Regular store visits
- Tracking and reporting sales figures
- Working alongside Shopper Marketing to create effective point of sale material
- Presenting of new products to customers
- Formulating strategies for each brand alongside the Marketing team
- Carrying out business planning such as forecasting
Requirements of the role:
· 2 years of degree level study completed
· A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
· Business related, design and bio science degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies:
· Take responsibility for delivering results and eagerly accept challenges
· Ability to digest information effectively and consequently prioritise
· Strategic thinker
· Market assessment and targeting skills
· Big picture orientation
· Intellectual curiosity
· Prudent risk taker
· Builds strong, productive relationships
· Demonstrates ability to work well in a team
· Demonstrate self-awareness by actively seeking feedback and using constructive criticism
· Effective listener remaining open to other’s ideas
· Analytical skills
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)