Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Ethicon Inc. R&D 2018 Internship/Co-Op - Somerville, NJ
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 00001B4T
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is recruiting for a R&D Co-op's and Interns, located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, oncology, and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was built more than 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Positions are available in many subgroups of R&D and may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Hands-on laboratory work in a chemistry or engineering lab
- Performing studies and developing test methods and fixtures
- Good documentation practices, including writing test protocols, generating final reports, and documenting meeting minutes
- Generating models and drawings in SolidWorks
- Crafting and evaluating prototypes
- Attend and participate in voice of customer labs
- Collaborating with engineers and outside suppliers to support project related activities
If you are passionate about these opportunities, please apply below.
- Be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an accredited college/university during the Co-op or Internship session.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Only students who have completed their freshman year or above will be considered.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op/Intern session.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus programs and/or community service activities is desired.
- A high level of organization and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Be comfortable working independently, as well as on a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Hands on skills and experience with SolidWorks, for some roles.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Ability to provide their own transportation to this work location. A stipend will be offered to students who meet the commuting distance eligibility requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)