Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care R&D - 2018 Internship/Co-Op
Requisition ID: 00001B4R
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors and rising Seniors for internships and co-ops in Research & Development located in Jacksonville, Florida.
We are a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the bold expansion of our wide-ranging Acuvue family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to rapidly growing the Acuvue brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
We have internship and co-op opportunities available for you in the functions identified below:
- You will have opportunities to work on a variety of engineering assignments utilizing a wide-range of engineering principles.
- You will be given the chance to assist with planning development and design of materials, equipment, and/or processes.
- Review progress and evaluate results of multiple projects across various disciplines.
- Serve as an advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
Optical Engineering/Physics/Bio-Medical Engineering
- Collaborate on short-term Research and Development projects in the areas of Opto-Mechanical System Design and Vision Science.
- Connect with third party suppliers and an interdisciplinary technical team under the direction of a Sr. Mechanical Engineer.
Chemistry/Materials/Polymer Science/ Pharmaceutical Science
- Investigate the interaction of various chemical components and their impact on finished medical devices.
- The scope of your project work may include formulations, photo-initiated polymerization, device processing of finished product, raw material analysis, and characterization of the finished device.
- You may be exposed to projects that involve a combination of chemical handling, blending, and device characterization.
If you are passionate about these roles, please apply below.
- Ability to provide your own transportation to Jacksonville, FL and to/from work every single day.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Adheres to safety environmental policies and procedures and supports department objectives.
- Actively pursuing at least, a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science/Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Optics Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or Pharmaceutical Science is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op/Internship is required.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
Be Vital in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)