Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer R&D Internship - Summer 2018
Skillman, New Jersey; Princeton, New Jersey; Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 00001B4F
Johnson & Johnson has over $71 billion in sales and is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. More than 275 operating companies employ approximately 120,000 employees in over 65 countries around the world, selling products in more than 175 countries.
We are a corporate division passionate about research, development and engineering. We develop an array of well-known products in the adult skin and hair, feminine care, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Johnson's Baby products, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear and Neostrata, Listerine, OGX, Rogaine, and Tylenol.
During the internship term, you will:
- Design and develop creative consumer, personal care, and/or OTC pharmaceutical product for global markets.
- Have the opportunity to function in a laboratory environment and/or research pilot facilities.
- Work within multi-functional and interdisciplinary teams with multiple internal and external partners.
- Partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide mentorship towards successful outcomes.
- Have access to opportunities for networking with company leaders, leading community service, touring external J&J facilities, and presenting their work to a wide audience.
As an intern you will be assigned to a specific function and project within the broad scope of consumer R&D. Positions are available within the following functional roles:
Formulation Science and Development: developing, testing, scaling up and fixing new formulated products and ingredients (gels, emulsions, suspensions, creams, foams, lotions, cleansers, etc.)
- Relevant Experience: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Science, Biotechnology, Soft Matter Science, Food Science, Personal Care Science; formulation, chemical synthesis and analysis, wet chemistry, rheology, experience with polymers, surfactants, colloids, emulsions, and nanoparticles
Foundational Biology, Measurement Science and Product Efficacy Testing: utilizing biochemistry, optics and cell biology to develop and utilize new methods for testing product efficacy and new claim validation
- Relevant Experience: Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Optics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Neuroscience; method development, cell culturing, in-vitro and in-vivo methodologies, aseptic techniques, clinical testing
Device and Package Engineering: developing, crafting, testing, prototyping and solving problems for our consumer devices, packages and manufacturing equipment
- Relevant Experience: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Package Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering; design control, technical drawing (CAD), medical devices, electronics, 3D printing and design, mechanical and electrical design and testing, programming, machine learning
Specialty Roles in Consumer Science, Clinical Testing, and Technology Development: interdisciplinary roles connecting various aspects of product science, consumer psychology and perception, computational analysis and modeling, data management, market research, etc.
- Relevant Experience: Computer Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Consumer Science, Neuroscience; consumer psychology, clinical research, image analysis, consumer products / personal care market research, programming, regulatory, technology entrepreneurship, toxicology, human factors and user experience
If you are passionate about these roles, we urge you to apply below.
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate/graduate program seeking a degree majoring in a Science or Technology related field.
- A minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship term
- Authorization to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Relevant internship, co-op, laboratory or retail work experience
- Junior or Senior level standing
- History of leadership and multi-functional collaboration
Based on location of assignment, housing assistance is offered to students who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site, or a stipend payment for students to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-New Jersey-Princeton, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)