Johnson & Johnson Careers
Compound Market Access Leader – Bladder and Lung Cancer
Requisition ID: 00001B192
The Compound Market Access Leader (CMAL) for the EMEA region, reporting to the Therapy Area Market Access Leader (TAMAL) for EMEA, is responsible for delivering and executing an EMEA Market Access strategy for the bladder and lung cancer medicines and will be part of the Solid Tumors (Oncology) Team.
The CMAL provides strategic market access leadership at the brand level, expertly representing the HEMAR function within the IBVT, building strong relationships and effective collaboration within the matrix. In doing so, the CMAL will shape the IBVT agenda and decision-making to ensure that strategic plans fully meet the needs of market access in key countries. The CMAL is responsible for representing EMEA in brand level interactions with Global Market Access to shape the global market access strategies, including integrated evidence generation plans and payer tools that meet the needs of the region. The CMAL takes a lead in development of regional brand value propositions and collaborates through the functional network and the IBVT model with EMEA operating company HEMAR managers to deliver timely, optimal reimbursement in a highly challenging environment across a diverse region with complex and differing needs. The CMAL must understand the needs of countries across EMEA and develop appropriate solutions for countries.
Lead the market access strategy for the brand(s) within the responsibility of the IBVT
- The CMAL is a core member of the IBVT and as such will take an accountable, proactive role in shaping EMEA brand strategy both within and outside of the area of functional responsibility, demonstrating an ability to contribute broadly to strategy decisions.
- Take a leadership role in representing the needs of the HEMAR function at the IBVT, bringing a strategic mindset and collaborative approach to ensuring that strategic plans and investment decisions meet the needs of market access in EMEA.
- Fully engage in key IBVT processes, shaping the thinking and bringing a payer perspective to creation of BVPs, financial planning (LRFP, MTP and BP) and regional evidence generation planning.
- Represent IBVT at senior level reviews with ELT and ESLT, bringing a clear, compelling position aligned to IBVT strategy.
- Collaborate with the IBVTL and other colleagues in presenting an aligned voice to global so that evidence generation strategies are aligned to the needs of EMEA.
- Take the lead in developing and delivering a full range of tools that support optimal market access across EMEA.
- Maintain a deep understanding of diverse and complex market access and reimbursement processes across the region and bring this knowledge and insight into the strategic thinking of the IBVT.
- Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the HEMAR component of IBVT discretionary budgets, making sure that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan.
Lead Market Access strategy development ensuring strategic alignment across countries and with Global
- Lead the EMEA HEMAR functional network, bringing the Op Co view into IBVT discussions and collaborating with countries on the creation of market access tools and deliverables.
- Partner with Global Market Access CMALs to co-create pricing and reimbursement strategies for the brand, effectively representing EMEA needs through the extended market access team (EMAT).
- Partner with global colleagues on the execution of payer research and provide support to discussions on the need and timing for early scientific advice.
- Work with pricing colleagues to provide expert perspectives on the establishment of pricing policies.
- Represent EMEA as the EMEA market access representative of the PRIT, taking fact-based, equitable, credo based decisions for our business, and involving senior leaders as needed.
- Take accountability as part of the broader market access team (global, region, op co) to create and implement innovative access model frameworks that secure pricing and reimbursement across countries.
- Take accountability for launch readiness for the brand making sure that tools such as health economic models are delivered on time and to high quality.
- Keep up to date with scientific developments, bringing the latest techniques and analyses to build the strongest possible value proposition.
- Take the lead in commissioning and managing evidence generation projects that fall within the remit of HEMAR, such as database analyses and patient surveys and partner effectively with medical affairs to develop compelling RWE and clinical studies that support market access.
- Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend patient reported outcome measure and studies than can support the patient voice in key payer negotiations.
- Develop deep expertise into the clinical area of responsibility, gaining a deep understanding of treatment pathways and the pathology of the disease.
- Take a lead role in co-creating the global value dossier, per market access 2020 recommendations to meet the needs of reimbursed and self-pay market archetypes. Ensure market access EMEA needs are considered in the creation of target product profiles and labelling discussions through partnership with Global.
- Conduct regular country visits, engaging with local market access teams. Create a culture of trust that facilitates honest, transparent discussions about pricing and access.
- Foster collaboration and seamless working with functions in Market Access including Statistics, RWE and Policy, making sure that priorities are jointly agreed so that deliverables are agreed and expectations managed.
- The successful candidate preferably has a strong Pharmaceutical background and has demonstrated a Regional mind-set with the ability to assimilate complex science and data quickly.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in market access is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive market access/pricing experience is required with a proven track record of success in delivering market access
- A strong technical knowledge of all aspects of market access and of payer processes across countries
- Diversity of experience encompassing market access roles, ideally at both operating company and regional level. Experience of leading market access for launch products at regional or op co level is preferred.
- A track record of effectively operating in complex organisations with a results orientation
- Experience with R&D programs and the development of commercial and evidence generation strategy is preferred.
- Must exhibit behaviors aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development.
This position requires up to 50% travel. The role is Central-Europe based. The role holder will be expected to be based in his/her current country of residence if easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)