Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2018 Supply Chain Manufacturing Co-Op: Cornelia, GA
Requisition ID: 00001AI7
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Ethicon is part of the Global Surgery Group within Johnson & Johnson. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
Ethicon Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Co-ops to be located in Cornelia, GA This role is eligible for housing assistance based on your location to the site.
We are looking for Co-Ops for the following teams:
As a ABS Process Engineering Co-Op you will:
- Work on cross-functional teams to support and lead absorbable process engineering projects and line-support initiatives.
- Interactions with various manufacturing teams and processes
- Projects range from new product introductions and new equipment technology implementations, to process and equipment improvement projects.
- Chemical, mechanical, and electrical/computer engineering majors are preferred; however, bioengineering and material science (concentration in biomaterials or polymers) majors will also be considered.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and time management skills are desired. Experience with Excel and/or Minitab is preferred.
As an EHS Co-Op you will:
- Opportunities to support both Safety and Environmental projects as well as day to day activities.
- Hazardous waste tracking, profiling and management skills will be learned.
- Safety programs including near miss reporting processes, machine guarding, lock out Tag out will be supported.
- Waste water treatment operational support will include sampling and reporting procedures.
- Environmental engineering, Environmental science and mechanical engineering students are typically good fits with this program.
As a Quality Co-Op you will:
- Use mathematical skills and engineering/materials knowledge to solve problems and propose solutions.
- Analyze large amounts of test data using statistical and mathematical methods to understand manufacturing issues.
- Investigate nonconforming issues and processes to document and solve problems.
- You will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of the many training courses offered on-site.
- Apply all skills learned to understand the entire stage of a product from design to assembly and stabilization after product launch.
- Work with multi-functional teams to analyze and solve problems
As a Process Excellence Engineer Co-Op you will:
- Support Process Excellence by performing engineering investigations, performing or leading projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- Support External Plant Activities such as Blood Drive, United Way, Etc.
- You will coordinates with, manufacturing, Material’s Management, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Finance, while implementing improvements in the production process.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, using Lean Manufacturing concepts (Kaizens, 6S, Visual Factory).
- Basic or advanced computer and database management skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, and Pull Systems.
As a PP&L (Production, Planning & Logistics) Co-Op you will:
- Support the Planning of assigned products to drive supply chain performance improvements
- Collaborate multi-functionally to ensure that related systems are maintained and improved
- Own and maintain the RID Process (Destruction of inventory)
- Work with local and international stakeholders to report key performance metrics with high degree of accuracy and reporting frequency
- Participate in ad-hoc projects both within Supply Chain and cross-functionally
- You can manage large data sets in Excel and SQL is a plus.
As a Facilities Engineering Co-Op you will:
- Perform assignments involving equipment qualifications & commissioning, overall life-cycle asset management, and general facilities/utility support services
- You will work closely with the facilities team to support new equipment installations (qualification/commissioning) to ensure equipment meets all EH&S standards
- Be exposed and support all areas of the plant, including the “behind the scenes” systems such as HVAC, Chilled Water generation & distribution, Steam/boiler systems, Compressed air & nitrogen systems, DI water systems, and Power distribution.
- You will work with reports and installation qualifications (IQs), eCMMS (computerized maintenance management system) updates/work order processing/asset management, general project support including installation, equipment start-up and decommissioning, predictive/pro-active maintenance strategies as needed.
- Provide updates to SOPs, drawings, etc. following appropriate change control.
- Support additional facilities soft services (Security, general building & safety improvements)
You should meet the following criteria:
- You are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative
- You are actively enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree (but not necessarily taking classes)
- You have reliable transportation to and from work daily
- You are able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Completion of at least freshman year of undergraduate academic program is required
- Availability to work a minimum of three alternating semester-long rotations is preferred (i.e. Spring 2018, Fall 2018, and Summer 2019).
- Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to: Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Plastics and Computer), Management Information Systems, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing or Science (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson (6067)