Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2018 Supply Chain Manufacturing Co-Op: San Angelo, TX
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 00001AI1
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Ethicon Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, and we are recruiting for Co-ops to be located in San Angelo, Texas. This role is eligible for housing assistance based on your location to the site.
We are looking for Co-Ops for the following teams:
As a Engineering Co-Op (Front-End & Sterilization) you will:
- Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Participate or conduct in fixing efforts by analysis and correction of both electrical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- You will create and implement change control.
- Create and update production records and equipment operating procedures.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- You will maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- Participate and coordinate in process excellence (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) improvement projects, Kaizen events, and other manufacturing initiatives.
- Learn and interact with different forms of equipment automation and plant control systems (PLC, BPCS, etc.)
As a EHS Co-Op you will:
- Lead projects which support manufacturing plant safety and environmental protection.
- Participate in hazardous waste tracking, profiling, and management.
- You will support safety programs including good saves, contractor safety, machine guarding, and lock out/tag out.
- Support industrial hygiene program to include chemical and noise sampling as well as reporting procedures.
- Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to: Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, and Mechanical Engineering
As a QA Co-Op you will:
- Use mathematical skills and engineering/materials knowledge to solve problems and propose solutions.
- Analyze large amounts of test data using statistical and mathematical methods to understand manufacturing issues.
- You will investigate nonconforming issues and processes in order to document and solve problems.
- Apply all skills learned to understand the entire stage of a product from design to assembly and stabilization after product launch.
- Work with multi-functional teams to analyze and solve problems.
- You will support change control activities for processes and test methods.
As a Facilities Co-Op you will:
- Be responsible for supporting facilities modification and building projects from establishment of design concepts through design and implementation.
- Assist with design, validation, commissioning, and qualification of facilities systems utilized to support medical device manufacturing.
- You will work with project teams to execute project plans and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Develop user documentation required to complete tasks including documents, drawings (AutoCAD), and data analysis.
- You will work in union with other support groups such as EH&S on projects.
- Take responsibility for assigned project, project plans, status reports, and the gathering and documentation of requirements
- Adhere to department documentation management policies.
- You will develop and generate weekly status reports detailing open/closed tasks.
As an Operations Co-Op you will:
- Will learn how to use mini-tab to statistically study dimensional or process outcomes to allow new improvement projects to proceed.
- You will work on lean manufacturing projects to help eliminate wastes in the process.
- Help analyze scrap for trends to set up a queue for additional improvement projects.
- Take on Kaizen ideas implementation for the ideas submitted by employees for improvements.
- You will assist the Engineer with running trials, for improvements on existing products to improve yields and reduce costs.
As a Process Excellence Co-Op you will:
- Support Process Excellence by performing engineering investigations, performing or leading projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- You will participate in continuous improvement activities, using Lean Manufacturing concepts (Kaizens, 6S, Visual Factory).
- Basic or advanced computer and database management skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, and Pull Systems.
As a PP&L Co-Op you will:
- Be directly involved in continuous improvement projects via analytics.
- Coordinate data integrity activities via data gathering, data analysis, and preparation of standard work documentation.
- You will assist in developing and recommending policy and procedure changes.
- Create process maps, flowcharts, and/or job aids for both existing and proposed processes.
- Assist Supply Chain Planners in day-to-day projects and responsibilities. Maintaining required data records such as purchase orders, scheduling agreements, source lists and supplier correspondences.
- Provide administration, maintenance and development support for existing SharePoint site.
You should meet the following criteria:
- You are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative
- You are actively enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree (but not necessarily taking classes)
- You have reliable transportation to and from work daily
- You are able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Completion of at least freshman year of undergraduate academic program is required
- Ability to lead multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- You should be able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities.
- Have basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to: Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical and Environmental), Manufacturing or Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Johnson & Johnson (6067)