Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2018 Supply Chain Manufacturing Co-Op: Athens, GA
Requisition ID: 00001ADB
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (JSC Athens), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Co-ops to be located in Athens, Georgia. Co-ops opportunities are available in Operations, Process Engineering, or Maintenance. Responsibilities are dependent upon the department and the specific manufacturing plant assignment. The work will be conducted in Athens, Georgia, in one of three manufacturing plants.
JSC Athens produces a variety of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and pharmaceutical intermediates, making it a major worldwide producer of medicinal analgesics and synthetic fine organic chemicals. JSC Athens also produces polymers for pharmaceutical use and medical devices.
Common expectations include the following:
- Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Participate or conduct in solving problems efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Invent and implement change control.
- Craft and update production records and equipment operating procedures.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- Participate in capital and engineering projects.
- Participate and coordinate in process excellence (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) improvement projects, Kaizen events, and other manufacturing initiatives.
- Consult sales representatives, vendors, and contractors.
- Learn and interact with different forms of equipment automation and plant control systems (PLC, BPCS, etc.)
- Deliver end of semester presentations to showcase work to site management.
You should meet the following criteria:
- You are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative
- You are actively enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree (but not necessarily taking classes)
- You have reliable transportation to and from work daily
- You are able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
- Completion of at least freshman year of undergraduate academic program is required
- Availability to work a minimum of three alternating semester-long rotations is preferred (i.e. Spring 2018, Fall 2018, and Summer 2019).
- Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to: Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial) or related Engineering/Technical
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson (6067)