Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Scientist – High Content Imaging
Requisition ID: 000019KW
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Department in the Lead Discovery Group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Principal Scientist in Cellular Pharmacology Group. This position will report to the Head of Cellular Pharmacology Group, and be based in Beerse, Belgium.
We are looking for an individual who is an expert in design and execution of cellular high-content imaging experiments and cellular assays for the identification and characterization of small molecules throughout the drug discovery pipeline with at least 5-8 years of drug discovery experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry setting. The candidate will be responsible for leading and overseeing internal and external projects focused on high content imaging in several therapeutic areas (Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases).
This individual is expected to be a critical member of the Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Group in Belgium, and will be responsible for formulating and executing innovative scientific approaches using state-of-the art technology. This role lends itself to very attractive future growth opportunities.
- A PhD in cell biology with a post- doctoral experience.
- At least 5-8 years of drug discovery experience with a record of important contributions to development of novel clinical candidates.
- Recognized scientific expert in high content imaging and cell biology. Strong record of external publications and presentations.
- Knowledge and application of advanced cellular models (e.g. 3D cultures, primary cells, iPSC etc.).
- Working knowledge in multiparametric data generation and analysis.
- Experience in working within and leading matrix teams is required.
- Strong communications skills are required.
- Experience as an effective line manager of cell biology lab scientists. Strong capabilities to teach and mentor lab scientists.
- Record of success in working effectively with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and/or public-private consortia.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation capabilities.
- Experience as a drug discovery program team leader.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Immunology, Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)