Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quantitative Sciences, Statistics & Decision Sciences Intern - Spring House, PA
Requisition ID: 0000188Z
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Quantitative Sciences Summer Interns in the Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, and Spring House, PA locations.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Quantitative Sciences integrates Statistics & Decision Sciences and Global Clinical Pharmacology in a single aligned organization as part of Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C.
Our more than 450 employees across four continents bring broad expertise in clinical pharmacology, pharmacometrics, statistical and biological modeling, and statistics to R&D. We work in cross-disciplinary Quantitative Sciences teams and apply quantitative principles across the R&D portfolio to enable optimal decision-making at the earliest time point and in the most efficient manner.
Statistics & Decision Sciences
Summer internships are available for students working towards a PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a related discipline. Students will have the opportunity to work with practicing statisticians and to learn about statistical applications specific to clinical or nonclinical pharmaceutical industry settings. Our teams benefit from the student's academic training and in turn contribute to the further professional development of the student as well as have a first-hand opportunity to evaluate the student's potential for future employment. In this role, students will be involved in activities such as:
- Supporting Research and Development in areas that range from Drug Discovery through Phase 2 and 3 clinical studies, including:
- Data preparation, graphical exploration of data, statistical model building and analyses, report writing, and writing of computer programs or applications associated with the statistical analyses.
- Other activities may include designing experiments, conducting simulations to evaluate optimal designs, and participation in methodological development.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college (not necessarily taking classes) and pursuing the following degrees:
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Student must be available for 10-12 weeks from May - August and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Students must be able to provide his/her own transportation to/from their work location.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)