Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine is hiring for a Director of Communication & Public Affairs, Canada. The role is located in Toronto, ON.
At Johnson & Johnson, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time through the development of innovative medicines. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop new products, services and solutions for people throughout the world for the treatment of a wide range of diseases in the fields of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, Retinal and Infectious diseases. Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies and has been an innovator in the Canadian healthcare industry for over 50 years. Guided by Our Credo, which stipulates that our first responsibility is to the patients, doctors and nurses, mothers and fathers, and all others who use our products and services, our ultimate goal is to help people live healthier lives.
We are looking to hire a Director of Communications & Public Affairs, Canada. The role will be based in our Toronto, Ontario office. Through our flexible work policy, our teams work on-site a minimum of three days each week, with the option for two remote workdays each week.
The Director of Communication & Public Affairs, Canada, is responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of substantive and measurable integrated communications and public affairs programs in support the overall Janssen Canada business. Responsibilities include brand communication, public affairs, and corporate and internal communications, issues management, direct team leadership and management, and full engagement on the Canadian Business Leadership Team and North America Communications and Public Affairs Leadership Team.
- Working with colleagues across the business, members of the Canadian and greater North American Communications and Public Affairs team, the Director will shape the vision and strategic directions for communications and public affairs for the Janssen Canada business
- Leading developing and inspiring a strong team with five additional members that lead enterprise/executive organizational communications, brand communications and public affairs by modeling and reinforcing a culture of a continuous learning to ensure the function stays on the leading edge of communications, technology and other key trends
- Serves as a primary media spokesperson for the business when and where appropriate
- Developing innovative programs in support of the brands that drive will business growth and support patient access across the company’s therapeutic areas via a strategic blend of earned, paid and social media, advocacy relations and sponsorships
- Building and executing corporate communication and public affairs strategies that will help ensure the business has a strong leadership role in shaping healthcare policy across Canada via our Company’s involvement with key external partners and industry associations
- Partnering with business leaders in the development of internal communications strategies and messages that inspire, engage, inform and align employees on the Company’s vision for leading and driving future growth
- Providing counsel to the Company’s President and other specific members of senior leadership in support of the vision and strategic vision
- Managing corporate reputation initiatives and ensuring alignment with the greater Johnson & Johnson Communications frameworks, messaging and corporate values
- Serves as an integral member of the Canada Business Leadership Team as well as the North America Communications and Public Affairs Leadership Team
- Effectively manages complex, significant issues ranging from the impact of clinical questions, regulatory and policy decisions, litigations, and/or other relevant matters
- Partnering closely with global Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicines global communications, as well as Johnson & Johnson Corporate Media Relations, Workforce Communications and other global teams to support and align to larger corporate initiatives
- Measure outcomes by implementing a tangible measurement approach in-line with the North America’s models
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven performer with 10+ years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; direct health care / pharmaceutical / product experience preferred
- Deep and established track record of successful experiences in communications, public affairs, corporate communications, organizational communications, media relations, product communications, and issues management
- In-depth understanding of the Canadian pharmaceutical industry and healthcare policy environment
- Proven team/people leader with a focus on development; previous people management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships and collaboration with fellow senior-level executives
- Experience working with NGOs and patient advocacy groups preferred
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms
- Demonstrated analytic ability
- Experience in managing project budgets / schedules and external communications agencies to drive results
- Ability to travel (10%); Includes limited domestic and international travel
- Fluency in French is considered a strong asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.