Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Lymphoma and Leukemia Portfolio Strategy and Early Development in our Global Commercial Strategy Organization. The position is based in Raritan, New Jersey
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe health is everything. Our strength in healthcare innovation empowers us to build a world where complex diseases are prevented, treated, and cured, where treatments are smarter and less invasive, and solutions are personal. Through our expertise in Innovative Medicine and MedTech, we are uniquely positioned to innovate across the full spectrum of healthcare solutions today to deliver the breakthroughs of tomorrow, and profoundly impact health for humanity. Learn more at https://www.jnj.com/ .
We are Johnson & Johnson. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo .
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Director, Global Commercial Strategy, Lymphoma and Leukemia Portfolio Strategy and Early Development reports to the Vice President, Hematology Disease Area Strategy (DAS) Leader, GSCO. The Sr Director is responsible for shaping the clinical development strategy and leading the commercial strategy, market development efforts, and go-to-market model for our future lymphoma & leukemia portfolio.
- Lead lymphoma strategy for a >10B$ J&J portfolio with launches from 2027
- Lead key transition/late stage assets
- Shapes early clinical pipeline of multiple assets beyond the above late-stage assets
The Sr. Director, Global Commercial Strategy, Sr. Director, Lymphoma and Myeloid portfolio strategy and early development contributes to optimizing the value of our global Janssen portfolio in collaboration with key functions across the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), J&J Research and Development (R&D), and J&J business regions. The Sr. Director is the key leader on the Compound Development Team (CDT) and 3M (cross-functional team – Marketing, Medical Affairs and Market Access).
Primary responsibilities include:
Asset and portfolio strategy
- Effectively partner with R&D in Compound Development Teams and within the DAS, and the regional leadership to lead development of target product profile and shape clinical development strategy.
- Collaborate with regional partners to lead the creation and execution of well-coordinated commercial strategies and market development plans, embedding external customer insights from patients, health care providers, and payers.
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Market Access to develop and advance strategies for medical education, publications, market access and reimbursement. Partner with Supply Chain and Patient Engagement teams to develop and implement strategies that deliver customer value based in appropriate stakeholder insights and inputs.
- Lead the development of strong business case for new investments and lead/represent global commercial point of view through governance process, including the Oncology Management Board, Development Committee, Investment Committee, and Group Operating Committee.
- Influence senior pharma management, R&D, and regional leadership to support data generation strategies and optimal and timely investments, ensuring development of highly differentiated regimens with compelling evidence-based value propositions and market accessibility
- Lead the development of full asset valuation in collaboration with the Global Strategic Analytics team. Leverage knowledge of the current and future market to provide insights for forecasting, strategic planning, and business planning in close collaboration with business analytics partners for competitive Intelligence, market research and forecasting.
- Demonstrate strong external focus by active engagement with key stakeholders including Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Opinion Leaders.
Leadership and Talent development
- Lead and develop the global commercial team members to maximize the professional development experience in GCSO and support them in advancing their career further.
- Attract talent by leveraging personal and organizational network by promoting the GCSO brand.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 10 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and/or relevant industry
- In-line marketing experience with senior brand responsibility and people management in dynamic and innovative specialty therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to shape and drive asset or portfolio strategy with R&D
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills, ability to master complexity and to integrate insights into strategies and actions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Proven track record of exceptional team & cross functional leadership.
- Exceptional executive presence and strong communication skills, ability to work with senior leaders and executives
- General manager leadership skills and enterprise mindset, ability to influence across the organization
- Demonstrated innovation and agility to navigate dynamic ecosystems
- Ability to assimilate complex science and medical data
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, lead teams, gain alignment and driving decision making
- Oncology/hematology experience
- Launch experience, Global experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with regional partners
- Experience with managing strategic alliances
- Global market access and medical strategy experience
This position is based in Raritan, NJ and requires up to 30% travel (largely international)
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $163,000 to $282,900.
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long term incentives, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .