Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Summer Intern in the Janssen R&D Data Science Solution, Privacy, and Ethics (DSSPE) team, located in San Diego, CA. The team applies a diverse set of data and tools, along with platform solutions to answer impactful analytical questions and provide insights to strategy makings, from early stage of drug discovery to clinical programs.
As a member of the Data Platforms team, the Summer Intern will learn to curate, harmonize, and transform clinical data to support precision medicine for Janssen’s growing oncology pipeline. This role is responsible for implementing R&D data pipelines as well as develop/deploy cutting-edge technology/solutions that triangulate insights for clinical programs.
- Understand business requirements and drive development of strategies for challenging questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to build clinical trial data and analytical platform to accelerate analytics using diverse data sources.
- Perform programming tasks to map, integrate and transform data to common data model.
- Support testing and troubleshoot data issues in the data pipeline.
- Currently pursuing Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Public Health Informatics, Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related subject area is required.
- Experience with relevant disease biology in cancer, immunology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, or infectious disease.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Have experiences on exploring and conducting analyses on large datasets.
- Understand requirements and implement data integration strategies including schema mapping, data transformations, and data cleaning.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Experience with Data Management and Relational Data Warehouses.
- Working knowledge of a cloud platform, such as AWS.
- Prior independent or research experiences on projects using data from clinical trials, clinical trial subject operational data, OMICS, SDTM/ADaM format, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of health outcomes databases (claim, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies) or clinical operations.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]