Janssen is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs Insights & Analytics, located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to build a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us on @JanssenGlobal
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs Insights & Analytics is responsible for generating, integrating, and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Janssen Neuroscience (NS) Medical Affairs team. This position will partner closely with the NS Medical Affairs and cross functional partners, while serving as an internal consultant to the NS Medical Affairs team. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for results. This role will lead & co-create national, local market and customer level analyses across the neuroscience market and brand.
This individual must have outstanding leadership skills, a consistent track record to lead collaboration across teams, inspire without authority, and encourage sensible risk-taking. They will have the tenacity and pursue novel solutions and analytics that address the needs of patients. They will be personally accountable for making Johnson & Johnson Credo-based decisions and encouraging a Credo-based culture.
- Lead design, development, implementation, and prioritization of strategic analytics & reporting plan for the Neuroscience Medical Affairs team
- Lead the development and implementation of dashboards inclusive of identification of patient care gaps, monitoring NS Medical Affairs field engagements and measurement of initiatives related to NS Medical Affairs strategic imperatives
- Shape integration of analytics across national, local market and customer segment level and across data sources (e.g., patient claims, educational activity, census) to inform NS Medical Affairs strategies and evaluate tactics
- Create roadmap for future-state NS Medical Affairs analytical toolkit, uncover opportunities to optimize data and platform investments and lead roadmap implementation
- Manage, motivate, and empower a full-time manager through talent strategy & performance management, development planning, day to day coaching, workload prioritization, etc.
- Provide input to strategic and business plans, NS Medical Affairs strategies, evidence generation plans, new product launch plans / life cycle management for the Neuroscience therapeutic area
- Integrate analytical findings with secondary intelligence, NS Medical Affairs field input, primary research and other insights developed by peers across the Neuroscience therapeutic area and partnering Janssen organizations to triangulate insights and translate into recommendations
- Apply strong consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact
- Be insight driven to uncover important unmet needs
- Demonstrate leadership courage to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture
You are conscientious and empathetic, putting yourself in the shoes of the patients we support and the providers who care for them. You relish the challenge of working in a highly visible, highly accountable role where we can substantially impact the health and wellbeing of others. You feel energized to contribute to a team that is building new capabilities and ways of working. You consistently deliver great results, but learn when you fall short.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- At least eight (8) years of relevant business experience such as analytics, data science, patient analytics, medical affairs, epidemiology, evidence generation, business planning, or management consulting
- Demonstrated success solving ambiguous business problems and generating meaningful insights and recommendations
- Expertise in pharmaceutical data sets (examples: Rx claims, medical claims, patient level data, EHR data, census data)
- Shown success in mentoring and developing others
- Experience in developing compelling visualizations of data with comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions required
- Strength in storytelling, data visualization, and developing effective presentations
- Knowledge across a broad spectrum of analytic approaches and ability to identify appropriate approach to address business questions
- Experience using advanced data processing tools (e.g., Tableau, SAS, SQL, Dataiku, Python)
- Ability to implement basic statistical methods such as Test and Control, Regression, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (model selection and hypothesis testing, statistical inference, promotional response modeling etc.) and experience with real-world applications
- Knowledge and experience of working with specific data sets of pharma including claims, sales, prescription
- Familiarity with different types of market research relevant to pharma
- Experience in the neuroscience treatment area
- This position is based in Titusville and will require up to 5% domestic travel
The base pay range for this position is $118,000 to 203,550. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefit
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .