EPS, part of the Janssen Supply Chain Group, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting a (senior) Business Portfolio Engineer for the CAR-T hubs in Ghent.
The position will be based in Ghent Belgium with close collaboration with the Beerse team.
CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy) is a new approach to eliminate cancer cells, which works by harnessing the power of a patient’s own immune system. They are created from the patients’ own T cells and are engineered to eliminate cancer cells expressing a specific antigen.
To support the CAR-T program in EMEA, Janssen is building and starting to operate two CAR-T manufacturing centres in the Ghent area (Belgium).
The E&PS facilities team of Ghent manages the critical installations and facilities and utilities (steam, cooling installations, heating equipment, water systems, compressed air, high voltage, …) of/for the Ghent manufacturing centres. To join, assist and support the team, we are looking for a (senior) Business Portfolio Engineer:
Function - general:
- Managing the portfolio of capex projects in the buildings under the management of E&PS facilities Ghent
- You will provide the technical input for the projects in the portfolio. This is the core task of this position.
- Identify new projects through consultation and collaboration with the various stakeholders (operations, QA, compliance, etc.).
- Working closely with the engineering partners (internal/external) to define the scope, timelines, budgets, .... for all projects. define, monitor and adjust as necessary.
- Ensure clear communication and proper information flows between and towards all partners involved in the projects. Provide necessary periodic consultation moments with all stakeholders.
- Monitor the GMP and compliance aspects specific to carrying out projects in a pharma environment.
- Developing the business case for the various projects and gaining approval to carry out these projects effectively.
- Project, partner and budget management and escalation when required.
- Collecting and passing on the necessary technical inputs for the projects in the portfolio.
- Represent the department within a project team responsible for realising investment projects.
- Taking process ownership and striving for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge sharing and continuous coordination with colleagues within the pharma facilities organisation
- Provide professional advice, service and technical scientific expertise in the field of energy, water and utility systems and compliance.
What do we expect from you:
- You hold an engineering degree or a technical bachelor's degree, both coupled with some years of relevant experience in a technical position.
- You are highly communicative both written and spoken.
- You are innovative and have a pragmatic outlook.
- You have strong technical competencies in multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of energy and utilities, water systems and HVAC is required
- Knowledge of GMP, as well as requirements around compliance is a plus
- You work well with internal partners (EHS², quality, engineering,...) and external partners (contractors, sector organizations,...)
- You are flexible and results-oriented and can work independently to achieve certain objectives.
- You know how to deal with meeting tight timelines.
- You take initiative and, besides being an independent employee, you are a real team player who, together with colleagues, achieves results and contributes to a pleasant working atmosphere.
- You have potential to grow and are prepared to take on more responsibilities in due course.
- Besides having a perfect command of Dutch, you speak and write English fluently.
Are you ready to make an impact?
f you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career and that you feel you can bring your whole self to work.
We provide you an environment to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. You will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo. We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences. That is why we in The Netherlands are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.