In this role, you will be leading the Monarch China data platform activities, including mini data platform to address short-term needs and in the future scale up to China cloud-based data platform solution.
· Help define and shape innovative trending and modelling techniques to analyze data, build insights and drive business impact across China.
· Apply analytical/statistical methods to complex and disparate data sources.
· Lead the creation of analytical models, such as clustering and targeting for customer groups, with focus on China business growth.
· Help determine and solve business critical problem statements through modeling knowledge and discussion and collaboration with broader teams such as marketing and sales partners.
· Communicate and collaborate model results with global data/service team and other leaders in the organization.
· Work with business partners to proactively identify data trends through data and modeling efforts.
· Define and implement software engineering standards, methodologies, and practices across the organization.
· Your strong leadership and interpersonal skills will be demonstrated not only for collaboration with business leaders and understanding their technical needs but also for building partnerships with multi-functional teams, including data science, product management, operations, and executive leadership.
· Minimum of a Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred. Degree concentration in a STEM field (Computer Science, Information/Data Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics) highly preferred.
· 3-5 years total experience in data science or related field required, with experience analyzing real-world (noisy/imperfect/incomplete) datasets and developing algorithms to address problems required.
· Prior experience with programming / software development is required, preferably in Python and/or R and/or C#
· Proactive engagement with partners to solve business problems
· Superior attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks
· Ability to talk with business partner and help determine problem statement
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· The ability to work solo and as part of a team
· Desire to grow career and influence how data science can provide business value
· Experience working with data analytics, ML, visualization software, and database tools such as Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, SAS, SAS JMP or similar systems is highly preferred
· Up to 30% domestic/international travel.
Special Data Engineering Requirements
· Experience in delivering end-to-end solutions involving both real-time data feeds and batch feeds. Building end-to-end flow and processing of data from source to consumption.
· Experience in building solutions with multiple source systems like telemetry data from built solutions, and other business systems.
· Deploying the right mechanisms/services to process data for availability for real-time consumption use cases (hot path) and historical/non-real-time consumption use cases (cold path), e.g., dashboards.