DePuy-Synthes (DPS) is recruiting for a Sr Finance Manager as part of DPS Supply Chain Strategy, Innovation and Deployment (SI&D) with strong focus on network execution. The preferred location selected for this role is to be based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, however the selected candidate may work from the following Johnson and Johnson locations in New Brunswick, NJ; Ireland; Zuchwil, Switzerland; Raynham, MA; and Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the pharmaceutical and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
This is a high-visibility and impactful role with significant opportunities to influence the strategies for DPS, run multi-year and multi-workstream programs, and present to Enterprise Supply Chain, Finance and MedTech leadership. This role will be responsible for managing all network projects and will lead coordinating with different businesses, platforms & finance stakeholders. Partnering with the Program leaders and leadership team, this role will establish the program governance controls & metrics, provide accurate & insightful forecasts and risk mitigation analytics, and lead the finance team of 10 individuals to implement agile & sustainable finance structures, processes and optimized financial flows across a global supply chain to meet future business requirements. Ultimately responsible for delivering the network program on-time, on-budget and while maintaining business continuity and with the highest standards of compliance.
Strong leadership skill with significant technical and business experience are a necessity for this highly visible and influential role. Comprehensive knowledge of process and operational improvement best practices are necessary skills along with an ability to engage talent, strong change management skills, sound judgment and a unique ability to solve problems.
- Financial Forecasts and Scenario Analysis : Ownership for developing and presenting detailed network roadmap, workstream budgets, creating a robust budget tracking process with milestones, value cases and latest executive summary projections to senior leadership; builds strong cross-functional and cross-Franchise partnerships across all levels within Supply Chain, Finance, Regulatory, R&D, Marketing and Commercial to collect and challenge assumptions, model scenario implications and influence business decisions; identifies and shares critical insights regarding project goals, opportunities & risks and related mitigation strategies / contingency plans.
- Project Governance & Compliance : Responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to effective financial processes, controls and targets in order to deliver the overall program in accordance with the best accounting standards & practices as well as internal policies and procedures; provides structure, direction and decision making to the team in situations of potentially high risk, uncertainty / ambiguity and promotes the use of J&J's Credo principles in all interactions with external partners; leads monthly financial close and asset capitalization activities and acts as the primary point of contact for all program-related audit inquiries
- Project Execution Excellence : Financial leadership for defining, optimizing and gaining alignment for the future-state finance operating model vision and tactical execution roadmap, ultimately driving the prioritized implementation of the diverse systems, organizational and process activities; proactive problem solving, understanding and resolving complex issues or calling out as necessary to meet timelines and deliver the project on-budget while minimizing impacts to base business, customer service and employee engagement
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, CMA or CPA is preferred and may be helpful
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive and relevant finance experience is required
- Strong analytical, technical accounting and problem-solving skills are required
- Proven ability to work independently and appropriately plan, prioritize, and communicate progress on multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is required
- Strong communication skills (listening, business writing, presenting) and a consistent track record of influencing peers and business partners and interacting effectively with Senior Management is required
- Should possess sophisticated business intuition, including the passion to develop business cases and implement strategies as well as the ability to think about the broader J&J business, and lead through ambiguity to deliver core program results aligned to business objectives
- Should demonstrate big picture thinking while balancing with appropriate attention to detail, confidentiality, accuracy, and sound judgment in delivering project outcomes
- Proficiency to network, collaborate and generate consensus effectively in a complex, international environment possessing strong social skills, promoting inclusion, and building trusting relationships with business partners across all cultures and levels of the organization
- Solid understanding of cost accounting and project controlling principles
- Prior experience driving manufacturing site start-up, network transformation and / or standardization of supply chain finance activities
- Previous experience and knowledge of ERP functionality & master data setup (JDE/SAP), Sales & Operations Planning process, international legal entity statutory & regulatory requirements, trade compliance / intercompany product & financial flows, labor agreements and financial audits
- Prior healthcare / medical device industry experience
- This role may require 30%-50% of domestic & international travel
The base pay range for this position is $113,000 - $195,500.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year.
Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.