Johnson & Johnson, MedTech is recruiting for a Principal Software Architect, located in Redwood City, CA.
We are looking for an engineer who will demonstrate technical leadership and as well as strong communication and presentation skills. The position requires not only rock-solid programming skills, but also the capacity to lead all aspects of technical design reviews and quality culture. The right candidate will have the ability to teach, coach, and mentor more junior engineers. We are looking for a candidate that can drive organizational changes that facilitates teamwork, encourages cross-team integration and cooperation in order to revolutionize the world of surgical robotics.
- Shaping the technology vision and strategy for all the Software produced by Monarch team
- Translate emerging technology trends into business and technology adoption strategy and tactics
- Find opportunities for technical product convergence that drives new clinical solutions. Anticipates and proactively responds to changes
- Cultivates an environment and champions processes that demand clear, fast, open, and accurate communications up, down and across the organization
- Play key role to identify and remove project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Mentor the team to work towards a common architecture across software organization
- BS/MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- 17+ years of experience with BS, 14+ years with Master or 12+ years with PhD in developing desktop applications.
- Expertise with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming.
- Create specifications and requirements based on (clinical, preferred) and user inputs
- Bring prototypes into C++ product level software (in an FDA regulated environment, preferred)
- Work with software and (clinical engineers, preferred) to develop desktop software applications for our surgical robotic platform
- Lead design discussion and code review
- Work multi-functionally with engineers & scientists to architect and develop software applications
- Experience with implementing and integrating control algorithms on the robotics platform.
- Experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with the DICOM standard.
- Experience developing software under Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with hospital networks and PACS system remote access.
- Experience working with embedded software development
- Proficiency with design controls and regulated environment.
- Expertise with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus.
- Up to 10% occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
- The position requires significant on-site presence.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $150,300 - $259,210.
Johnson & Johnson MedTech is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives! Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.