General Summary / 職務概要
J&J Vision Japan is looking for a talented, strategic thinker to drive effective data and insights-driven business strategies to grow our business. The Senior Business Intelligence Manager plays a leading role in advising senior management from the discovery and development of business strategies to go-to-market tactics, and as a result, shares accountability for business success. He/she is expected to maximize the use of data through well-balanced advanced analytics capabilities and storytelling skills.
Reporting directly to the Business Intelligence Director, the Senior Business Intelligence Manager will require a high degree of business acumen and strong stakeholder plus people management skills and experience.
This role will be responsible for overall strategic planning, prioritization, and smooth operation of the Business Intelligence function. He/she will ensure focus on short- and long-term strategic vision, through close connection with senior management and other commercial leads.
With an intense appetite for insights discovery, he/she is expected to co-partner with Principal Data Scientist and GBI lead to continuously advance our data-driven and insights-informed culture across J&J Vision Japan.
Duties & Responsibilities / 職務および職責
- Leads strategic planning for short- and long-term analysis and insights programs, data source management, and KPIs advisory that may have a company-wide impact.
- Designs an organization strategy within the business intelligence function, ensuring all analysts have clear R&R, skillset, and data access to drive excellence in consumer activation (for Strategy and MKT) and customer engagement (for Sales & ARM).
- Develops close partnerships with other Commercial Leads to identify, scope, and execute analyses that answer key business questions, and add value to the business.
- Understands business priorities and advise the most suitable data sources and analytical plan for required data that is fit for purpose.
- Takes a leadership role in business planning cycles (JU, NU, BP, LRFP) with close collaboration with Finance, PMO, Marketing, and other commercial leads.
- Work closely with Data Science & GBI leads to help provide texture & perspective in interpreting business results after synthesizing across data sources to provide a holistic business perspective.
- Develops a close partnership with the PMO team to (1) drive senior management focus on business priorities (eMoM, Mid-term HOB) and (2) streamline and strengthen Japan’s narratives for Global business review and regular communication.
- Monitor competitors’ activities and latest development to alert any risks/ opportunities.
- Leads and grows a team of Business Intelligence analysts, with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion mindset
Key Requirements (skills, competencies, experiences, certifications) / 必要要件（スキル、知識、経験、資格）
Experience and key competencies:
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, business consulting, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, forecasting, finance, or a related field is required
- Experience with PDCA cycle and agile research methodology, data visualization, and business analytics
- Strong knowledge of analytical tools (e.g. SPSS or SAS) and data visualization tools (eg Tableau)
- Basic programming language is a plus
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate multiple data sources into actionable insights
- Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues
- Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and individual basis
- Communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely, with strong storytelling skills
- Demonstrated success in creative problem-solving and team partnership
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills – in Japanese and English
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed environment where a high degree of collaboration and influence is needed
- Strong people management experience, with a mindset of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Strong project management skills in a deadline-oriented environment are required
The minimum education required for competent performance:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field;
- MBA or MS is preferred
- Business-level Japanese and English
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot be vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).