Janssen Research & Development, LLC is recruiting for an Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CPP) to be located in Spring House, PA, Titusville, NJ or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Developing and executing CP development strategy in supporting the selection of the right dose-regimen, in the right population, using the relevant biomarkers and the right endpoint to achieve differentiation and develop a CP package that enables global product registration.
- Accountable for all CP trial design, analysis of data, reporting and interpretation of results.
- Design and execution of appropriate modeling plans along with the Pharmacometric scientist assigned to the project.
- Entertain strong interactions with opinion leaders beyond Janssen R&D, with a goal to represent CPP and influence the scientific and regulatory environment.
- Conducting hands-on pharmacokinetic and pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic analysis for drug development projects.
- Contribute to the required components of regulatory submissions and be responsible for responding to regulatory authority queries.
- Will drive early alignment on key development questions where CP principles could be applied.
- Conduct methodological research and effectively apply state-of-the-art scientific/technical knowledge to projects.
- Introduce new approaches to problem-solving, process enhancements, and improvement of efficiencies.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of model-based drug development with a focus on Clinical pharmacology, biopharmaceutics, PKPD & other related analytical sciences including implementation of innovative methods to preclinical research, translational sciences and clinical development.
- Attend governance meetings, as necessary, ensure that CP plans are flawlessly executed, and on time for efficient decision-making.
- Provide and arrange training and presentations on innovative CP approaches across the R&D organization, ensuring awareness and adequate knowledge about CPP capabilities and expertise within the TA.
- Plan, conduct, and/or provide oversight of PK and PK/PD analyses and reporting
- Devise clinical pharmacology strategy including design of Phase I clinical pharmacology studies and/or use of alternative modeling approaches.
- Manage and/or supervise operational elements of CPP studies.
- Develop key product differentiation strategies based on a compound’s key attributes and relevant therapeutic landscape
- Apply appropriate regulatory (eg: FDA, EMA, PMDA, ICH etc) guidelines and define regulatory strategy for CP and prepare CP contributions to regulatory documents including IBs, IND’s, briefing books, submission packages, responses to health authority questions, and other regulatory documents. Represent CP in relevant external regulatory meetings (e.g., End of Phase 2, pre-NDA / MAA, Advisory Committee meetings).
- Participate in the evaluation of potential business development opportunities.
- Stay abreast of clinical pharmacology, MIDD, analysis methodology and overall drug development process, including regulatory guidance, and methods in modeling and simulation by engaging with the scientific community (e.g., publishing, presenting at meetings, participating in special interest groups within professional societies, etc.).
- Assist in process improvement initiatives and SOP development where applicable.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, or relevant Biological Sciences.
Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or related fields.
- Advanced understanding of PK, PD, PK/PD, and/or Translational Medicine.
- Understanding of advanced analysis methods (e.g., population analysis, PBPK, QSP) and modeling tools (e.g., NONMEM, R, Gastroplus, Simcyp, Winnonlin, Matlab).
- Demonstrated understanding of overall process of drug development including model-informed drug development (MIDD) and the overall pharmaceutical R&D process
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative tools to enable rational and efficient clinical pharmacology strategy of the drug development plan.
- Drug development experience in the therapeutic area of interest including an understanding of disease, patient population, and treatment paradigm.
- Working knowledge of US, European, and Asian regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interpret PK and PKPD results and prepare presentations to communicate findings effectively and influence stakeholders.
- Has established a strong level of expertise and scientific reputation through multiple publications and presentations.
- Work effectively in matrix environment, promote collaboration and innovation managing CP deliverables in accordance with timelines and overall project goals.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $131,000 to $225,400.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .