Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting an External Manufacturing Sourcing Manager. The External Manufacturing Sourcing Manager is responsible for the leadership of Procurement activities across external manufacturing within APAC region, driving alignment between business and category strategies. The leader will execute strategic business and industry engagement to establish a reliable, resilient and effective supply base for the company. The External Manufacturing Sourcing Manager will also be tasked with delivering on end-to-end targets by driving activities including, but not limited to, Regional Category Management (where applicable), Supplier Management, Sourcing, Contracting, Innovation, and Talent Management.
The Manager of Procurement will be accountable to delivering aggressive financial targets, including cost and working capital improvement. Further, the leader will deliver against a balanced value proposition including innovation, environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG), and procurement process excellence. The leader must embrace agile ways of working and will be accountable to developing and recruiting world class talent.
- Support in the development of category strategies to establish a world class organization and supply base that the New Consumer Health Company can leverage to create a competitive advantage
- Ensure effective incorporation of company strategy and goals into category strategies
- Cultivate a Procurement community in the region amongst all Procurement employees
- Deliver regional financial, ESG, service, and innovation targets
- Steward financial policy and responsible supplier and procurement standards
- Leverage and maximize fit for purpose procurement process solutions, including the utilization of world class digital solutions, use of business process outsourcing, and deployment of internal resources for the region
- Engage with executive leadership in key supplier relationships
- Cultivate a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Benchmark industry best practices and continuously advance procurement capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, an MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in procurement or a related discipline is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the region is required
- Leadership, communication, influencing, and collaboration skills are required
- Experience in identifying and harnessing customer oriented innovative solutions is required
- Proven track record delivering against a balanced portfolio of key performance indicators (KPIs) is required
- Ability to influence and understand the diverse needs of stakeholders is required
- Travel up to 10% domestic & international may be required