Johnson & Johnson DePuy Synthes Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) is recruiting for a(n) Environmental Health and Safety Manager, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
A strong leader responsible for the environmental health and safety (EH&S) infrastructure and development of the EH&S team. This position will partner with company management to develop strategic plans, complete and direct project and programs crafted to ensure attainment of company's goals relative to EH&S outcomes. Will drive, monitor and report progress against these strategies and goals. Must demonstrate a broad knowledge of local, state and federal laws and the ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies.
Will work closely with various internal customers within the Commercial and R&D business units, embedded contractors and external agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and East Goshen Township.
- Lead the DePuy Synthes West Chester PA campus in developing and sustaining a culture of safety through combination of area owners, program leaders and EH&S committees that promote engagement and accountability.
- Empower people to deliver tangible safety and environmental initiatives while providing counseling and leadership.
- Develop technical and business knowledge of EH&S staff through mentor and individual development plans.
- Complete training designated for role and ensures staff are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in tasks performed.
- Promote an environment of employee involvement and dedication in doing the job right the first time.
- Seek timely identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace.
- Implementing an EH&S management system and lead programs and activities that drive continuous improvement sustaining ISO 14001 certification and improving EH&S performance.
- Facilitate program compliance audits and complete annual self-assessment against company standards. Implement corrective action plans to address continuous improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for periodic reports and metrics ensuring that all pertinent documentation is prepared, maintained and submitted in a timely manner to regulatory agencies, J&J and others according to the requirements.
- Serve as the facility contact for all EH&S regulatory agencies.
- Conduct root cause investigations, workplace inspections and job safety analysis to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Maintain EH&S operating budget.
A Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or other technical field is required.
A Master of Science degree in an EH&S related field is preferred.
Certifications such as a Professional Engineer, Associate Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist or Black Belt business certification is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of EH&S experience.
- Experience in building, leading, supervising and maintaining EH&S programs.
- Knowledge of federal and state EH&S regulations.
- Strong industrial hygiene, safety and construction safety background.
- Classroom and virtual training skills.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling EH&S hazards.
- 5+ years of leading teams or direct people management.
- Laboratory safety, machine safety and contractor safety program implementation.
- Ability to interpret regulatory issues and provide solutions for remediation.
Limited domestic travel is a possibility.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.