Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Research & Development science and engineering interns and co-ops. JJVC is a global company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation, and new product development are key focus areas of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the bold expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
JJVC is recruiting rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors, as well as graduate students, for internships and co-ops in the Research & Development (R&D) Division located in Jacksonville, Florida.
ACADEMIC MAJORS FOR INTERNSHIP/CO-OP OPPORTUNITIES IN R&D ARE:
- Applied Mathematics
- Chemistry: Polymers/Materials Science
- Engineering: Aerospace, Biomedical, Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical, Materials Science/Polymers, Mechanical, Optical, General Engineering
- Informatics and/or Data Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Technical Design: Industrial Design/Product Design
- Vision Science
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The 2023 Johnson & Johnson Vision Care R&D Internship Program will support various projects in the areas of:
- Analytical Characterization
- Physical Properties
- Beauty Platform
- Optical Metrology
- New Product Introduction: Advanced Engineering, Process Engineering
- Combination Products Platform
- Digital Health and Analytics
- Clinical Operations
- New Product Development: Lens Design/Vision Science
Main duties and responsibilities vary based on projects and may include:
- New methods for physical properties testing of contact lenses and polymeric materials;
- Novel analytical characterization methods for contact lenses;
- New products and processes with a focus on enhancing fundamental scientific understanding of contact lenses;
- Metrology for contact lenses and related applications;
- Critical technical capabilities within Digital Health and Analytics.
- Clinical metrology, vision experience initiatives, and vision correction/control modeling.
- New materials (including APIs) for application to contact or intraocular lenses;
- Planning, development, and design of equipment and processes for the manufacture of contact lenses supporting the introduction of new products;
- Optical systems design and characterization;
A successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to Jacksonville and to/from work every day. A housing stipend may be offered to students that meet distance eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within their team.
- Candidates must adhere to safety and environmental policies and procedures and support department objectives.
- Candidates must demonstrate and maintain behavioral standards in line with company standards and policy.
- Actively pursuing, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering, Informatics/Data Science, Optics, Optometry, Physics, Product Design or a related academic field.
- Detail-oriented, skilled in communication and influencing others, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks and assignments.
- Able to work well both individually and as part of a collaborative team.
- Enrollment (not necessarily taking classes) at an accredited college/university during the internship period is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the internship period is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), MATLAB, and statistical analysis tools (e.g., Minitab, JMP, etc.) is preferred.
If you are creative, a self-starter and have an innovative mind passionate about medical technology and want to become part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.