Leeds ONE - Engineering Graduate Programme 2023 (Orthopaedics)
Duration : 2-year programme
Location : Leeds
Sector : MedTech
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Our technical graduate programmes offer graduates the chance to become world leaders in their chosen field and gives you the tools to start you on your journey.
DePuy Synthes offer the world’s largest portfolio of orthopaedic and neurological products and services designed to advance patient care and deliver clinical and economic value globally. Passionate about wanting to help people return to living active and fulfilling lives, we bring surgeons and healthcare providers together to create new value by increasing patient satisfaction, improving clinical outcomes and reducing costs.
Being at the forefront of innovation and development means we are able to maintain our position as one of the top global healthcare companies. Our engineers and scientists bring so much to our organisation and can shape the future of healthcare through their work.
As an Engineering Graduate you will join the DePuy Synthes team in Leeds. The Leeds campus is a world leading orthopaedic development facility, designed to stimulate innovation, communication, and collaboration, so we may advance medical device solutions that deliver value for healthcare systems and improve people’s lives. You will be part of a team focused on the development of joint reconstruction implants for the hip and knee, including development of the surgical process and instruments used during surgery. In addition, you will be able to work within our Quality teams, Operations and Manufacturing teams, developing your understanding of products and processes currently available on the market and providing a broad insight into the processes that drive the efficiency of our business.
During the course of the programme, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your skills through Continued Professional Development using internal Johnson & Johnson courses and selected external courses, such as LinkedIn Learning, providing internationally recognised qualifications. Engineering and Scientist graduates are also encouraged and supported to enter a Professional Development scheme, leading to membership of an Institution. In addition to this, you will receive training where you will learn new leadership and technical skills, which will be combined with the opportunity to apply this business knowledge in an ambitious manufacturing and development environment. This is an opportunity that will take you and your career further.
- Dynamic, two-year Engineering Graduate Development Programme with exciting and varied rotations across different functions within our innovative R&D, Quality, Operations and Manufacturing Teams.
- Opportunities to own and lead project work with support from your supervisors and team.
- Potential to pursue a number of internal developmental training programmes as well as externally recognised qualifications such as Process Design Excellence.
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced, technologically advanced corporate environment.
- Programme focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and advanced manufacturers in a regulated environment.
- Commitment to engineering and professional development through our mentor and buddy schemes
Requirements of the role:
To be considered for this programme you must have:
- Graduated within the last 2 years with a minimum of a bachelor's degree in one of the following Engineering or scientific fields (or related):
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Material Science
- Manufacturing Engineering
Degree qualification at 2:1 or above.
Key skills and competencies:
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Pro-active approach to achieving success
- Drive to shape an inclusive and equitable working culture
- A strong desire to work in Orthopaedics
- Eligible to work within the UK on a permanent basis
These can have been proven through education, project work, work experience or life experience.
Please note that we plan to close for first round of applications on 27th November, but could close earlier if we receive too many applications
#JnJEMEAStudentCareers #JnJEMEAMedTech #JNJEMEAUndergraduate #JNJEMEAMasters #JNJEMEAResearchandDevelopment #JNJEMEAEngineering #JNJEMEAFullTime